Home

Which best describes you?

This is a discussion on Which best describes you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes you:
Bought Madden the first day-I truely enjoy the game 36 18.00%
Bought Madden the first day-I like the game, but thought it could be better 66 33.00%
Bought the game the first day-I'm dissapointed in the game 26 13.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I truely enjoy the game 10 5.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I like the game, but thought it could be better 16 8.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I'm dissapointed in the game 5 2.50%
Bought Madden after the first 5 day-I truely enjoy the game 4 2.00%
Bought Madden after the first 5 days-I like the game, but thought it could be better 6 3.00%
Bought Madden after the first 5 days-I'm dissapointed in the game 10 5.00%
I sitll am waiting to make a decision on the game or will not buy the game. 21 10.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Which best describes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Shouldn't it be "Bought Madden 4 days early, paid $20 extra, drove a million extra miles and love it."

I voted option 2. Like it and enjoying it but it could be better.
You know what, you're right!!!! it should be!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Renting it from Gamefly. I like it, but with all the bugs, it's not worthy of a purchase. If they are able to patch some of the issues, I may purchase at discount later on. If not, it'll be Gamefly again next year.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

So far 54 total votes:

47 of which have actually purchased the game within basically the first two weeks.

Of those 47 players:
35 (74%) think this game should be better or were expecting better
12 (26%) think the game is fine

Of thos 47 players, 36 purchased the game on the first day
27 (75%) think the game should be better or were expecting better
9 (25%) think the game is fine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are in the 25% that truely enjoys the game, this doesn't really pertain to you.

With these kinds of numbers likely occuring every year, it is clear why EA doesn't put in the kind of effort most of us want into the game on an annual basis. They don't need to.

Too many of us give them a free pass every year and blindly buy the game and then find ourselves unhappy with the effort. It may be because we just assume they will fix what needs to be fixed, it may be because we need an NFL fix, it may be because $60 isn't that important to us, it may be because they early hype made us believe that this year will be different.

My point is that if this happens every year, what is going to force EA to actually finally put in the extra effort we all want. Even though the majority of the people weren't fully pleased with the effort, they still get their sales just because settled and bought their game.

I don't want to come across like I'm trying to start a petition or some kind of anti-Madden movement, but I think the only way, EA is going to really bust their *** on the game and give us everything we want is if we all refuse to settle. If you were unhappy with the game this year, then maybe hold off a few days or a week next year see what other people are saying about the game. While a few hundred people won't make a difference, if enough people make an educated decision before buying the game instead of just rushing out and buying it because it is Madden, then maybe EA get a little scared at the decrease in sales and strive to deliver a product that meets our standards.

Obviously, if you like the game, then this doesn't pertain to you at all. You have a good reason to go out and buy the game on it's release date next year. Sports video games don't seem to go through drastic changes on a year to year basis any more, so you know that the game you get next year will be pretty similar to the one from this year, witch some minor tweaks and some added features.

However, if you are not happy with 08, then why would you assume 09 will be that much better. I'm not saying don't buy the game just because, but if we all continue to give in every year and buy the game regardless of the quality, then what incentive is there for EA to push the limits going forward. I think right now, we are collectively demonstrating to EA that we will settle for mediocracy and that there is no reason for them to change their ways.

People complain about bugs, glitches, missing features, lack of presentation, etc. I think the only way your going to see an extra effort taken by EA is if you hit them were it counts....in their revenue/profit line.

Even if you need an NFL game, I think holding off until the end of that first week will at least show them that we are being smart consumers and doing our homework. If they see a huge drop in their first week sales, it will have to send some sort of shock through the company. Even if you buy the following week and they get their sales, they will know that we're paying more attention.

Again, I'm not trying to rile up the troops or start a march to EA's door, though I'm pretty sure this is coming across that way, I'm just saying if we refuse to change our ways, they will refuse to change theirs. But if we refuse to settle, they will be forced to listen and improve their game closer to where we want it to be. There is no competition to push them to the next level, so they assume they have it easy.

I know that most of us have something in us that makes us have to buy something on the first day it releases (whether it's a Harry Potter book, the Iphone, the Xbox 360, the PS3 or Madden, etc.). But in the long run, does it matter if you wait 3 or 4 mored days. The experience will be the same regardless.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 08-29-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I might add to what best describes me with Madden...

One word-TURNOVERS

The Great Walter Payton-
“I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.”

Patrick Kane is forever a hero for finally bring the cup back to Chicago!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

How about:

Bought the game on Day 1: LOVED IT, then after 4-5 days realized that the "Bugs" that were popping up were not fixable - now you hate it?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
How about:

Bought the game on Day 1: LOVED IT, then after 4-5 days realized that the "Bugs" that were popping up were not fixable - now you hate it?
That would mean that you are dissapointed in the game...so option 3 for you.

That's why I think we need to hold off for a week or so next year. A lot of problems aren't as evident at first and only become realized as you play enough games. If you wait to read some user reviews, you will discover most of the problems rather quickly on these typpes of boards.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 08-29-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

i bought madden within 5 days and disappointed...the hype was the reason why i was disappointed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

okay let me add more

poor CPU QB AI, CPU dont challenge, and if there's no TO problem with fatigue off, then we still have a problem...no fatigue!

they said there were 3-4 player gang tackles...i've only seen 2 player gang tackles (not including the ball carrier)

franchise glitches, editing glitches

and im not sure if it's me but, sometimes on runs or something, blockers sometimes will not turn the right way and not be able to block the players on defense

no CB matchups, no manual subs(excluding formation packages), no formation audibles, no facemasks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »