Home

what do you feel in the closest simulation ratio btw NFL and Madden(gameplay only)

This is a discussion on what do you feel in the closest simulation ratio btw NFL and Madden(gameplay only) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
what do you feel in the closest simulation ratio btw NFL and Madden(gameplay only)

i feel this thread will help madden 11 in the gameplay department to see what people view the comparable difference between what we watch on sunday and how much football expressed in madden and hopefully 11 will push that ratio gap closer and closer

(This applies to gameplay only, no franchise, no modes, no gimmicks features, just the 22 players on the field) of course ill go first

WELL NFL is a automatic 100% percent of course(DUH)

and the madden series on next gen is 60% and i say 60% because well they have some of the basics down. passing, running, defense, and special teams but they dont have all the basics like physics, footwork, proper technique in all aspects, and no real innovation. 60% is not going to cut it IMO but there is room to improve

now its your turn and u can also mention(IF U WANT TO) games that came the closest ration margin to being the NFL whether it be 2k, past gen madden, gameday, etc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: what do you feel in the closest simulation ratio btw NFL and Madden(gameplay only

This is your 8th post at OS. I see what your trying to say but really Ian & Co know what they have to improve on in the game. They read our posts full of whining and complaining everytime they sign onto these boards.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: what do you feel in the closest simulation ratio btw NFL and Madden(gameplay only

I would say Madden 09 was a 50%. The gameplay, to me at least, did not resemble NFL football one bit. Blocking was bad, running was bad, footwork was bad, defense was bad, turn rates were bad, you name it. The 50% comes from the fact that it has NFL rosters.

Madden 10 looks like it will jump up to about 75%. I think what makes it jump up is everything about pro-tak, blocking especially. what limits it to being 75% is the movements and the running animations. Until they implement cut turns properly and make good looking run animations like the ones on the last gen, this game doesn't get more than a 75% from me. and if you want to ask about how NCAA Football 10 resembles college football, I would give it a 50% alongside Madden 09 for the same exact reasons
Old 07-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Rookie

yeah i know about the whining and complaining but this is more of using logic and mathematics in a well mannered fashion of course to explain to IAN and Co that "this is how we feel about madden in regards to the NFL"

math is the universal language and IAN being a developer, he sees numbers everyday so he knows numbers cant lie.

hey how the heck do you quick reply
Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman136
I would say Madden 09 was a 50%. The gameplay, to me at least, did not resemble NFL football one bit. Blocking was bad, running was bad, footwork was bad, defense was bad, turn rates were bad, you name it. The 50% comes from the fact that it has NFL rosters.

Madden 10 looks like it will jump up to about 75%. I think what makes it jump up is everything about pro-tak, blocking especially. what limits it to being 75% is the movements and the running animations. Until they implement cut turns properly and make good looking run animations like the ones on the last gen, this game doesn't get more than a 75% from me. and if you want to ask about how NCAA Football 10 resembles college football, I would give it a 50% alongside Madden 09 for the same exact reasons
good reply. hope more come in and reply in the way that u did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

i would have to give madden a 40% because EA has screw far too long. they do nothing right besides making sure consumers can pass where ever they want and however they. blockers doing god knows what and defense is just horrible.

EA get with the program, you guys cant make a football game period, give the license to someone who can handle the job
Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
i would have to give madden a 40% because EA has screw far too long. they do nothing right besides making sure consumers can pass where ever they want and however they. blockers doing god knows what and defense is just horrible.

EA get with the program, you guys cant make a football game period, give the license to someone who can handle the job
Wow, another dude with less than 50 posts not being 'with the program'. Nobody is bashing the EA people on this website. If you want to no somewhere that you can vent. http://www.youtube.com/

Here, your just making yourself look ignorant.

What serious members do in the madden forums is give constructive criticism and suggestions. What is your statement telling us that we have not already adressed? Look around more and see what all of the members are doing in the madden forums, and then you should start posting. Or, you can go to Youtube.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I remember Ian commented about someone comparing NFL2K5 and Madden. There's a lot more animations in 2K5 because of the engine they use. The game was ahead of it's time. With Madden and Ian already explained; they are limited to what they can do with animations. I'm sure this is all you'll get until the Madden team decides to redo the engine to allow more animations that can actually work.

To help you out with this post; Madden can't handle anymore animations which limits is realistic style simulation that everyone wants. I'll try to find the post but this issue was already discussed and it's in the bag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »