Home

Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Auto-Bump?

After not paying attention for a while, and wondering why my cover two zone was getting beaten a lot, I went into practice mode and did some studying.

I found that, in cover two zone, my corners are not bumping the receivers unless I set them in bump and run.

Cover two zone is supposed to, and used to, automatically bump the receviers at the line. This is the premise of cover two zone functioning properly. It seems they don't do it unless I audible to bump and run at the line.

Is this me or has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Auto-Bump?

Its hit or miss. Everytime I call a cover 2 play I manually set my secondary to bump and run, but sometimes they wont even do that. Instead, they just stand there playing zone. In current gen madden, you would get burned if the CPU WR was running a streak, as he would be 1-1 with a safety if the QB had a little time. In next gen, the CPU doesn't throw deep so I haven't been burned when they didn't bump.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Well now just wait a minute...

You're right. There seems to be a random chance that your guys will bump and run or not, regardless of what you tell them.

Is this by design? If so, why?

If it's a glitch, has it been mentioned before? If it has, why isn't this the HUGEST glitch in the game?

If this is a mistake...that is, if there is no way to have your corners play a very basic, but very critical, role in a very basic, but very critical defense, that's a game killer!

Wait...before I go over reacting (I try to avoid that)...am I missing something? Is there a new function I'm supposed to be using? Is there a command I don't know about?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Rookie

I really don't understand it, but I think it works more often than not. Sometimes I'll see 1 of my corners bump and the other not do a thing when I set them both to bump. I don't have press weapon corners but they hold up ok when they do bump.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truryder4life
I really don't understand it, but I think it works more often than not. Sometimes I'll see 1 of my corners bump and the other not do a thing when I set them both to bump. I don't have press weapon corners but they hold up ok when they do bump.
Maybe the PRS ability really determines whether or not they even try to bump and STR determines if they're successful? Or maybe its an animation thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

ok, so i've been watching this thread a bit.

my question is is the Press Coverage (coverage audible) the same thing as bump and run coverage? if so, why does it affect my safety's position?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Rookie

You can individual bump and run any player.

I figured out the answer to this problem. More truthfully, I read it at Madden Tips (which I buy every year).

If a corner is covering the flats (e.g., if he's in Cover Two Zone) and he sees a back coming into the flat, he will not bump the receiver. Rather, he will pass the receiver off so that he can cover the flat zone.

Further, if a receiver runs a certain type of route, including (I think) slants and drags, the corner will not attempt to bump him.

Anyway, this is what I've read; I have not tried it in the lab.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

i don't have time to manually take over the CB on offense usually. it's one thing in the coverage minigame but during a game? this is the only way to get your CBs to bump and run?

seems pretty clunky to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »