Home

Is there CONFIDENCE or CONSISTENCY ratings?..Hot Streaks?? PROGRESSION??

This is a discussion on Is there CONFIDENCE or CONSISTENCY ratings?..Hot Streaks?? PROGRESSION?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Is there CONFIDENCE or CONSISTENCY ratings?..Hot Streaks?? PROGRESSION??

Im just curious, I see all the new and cool attribute ratings in Madden 08 and like them to add even more distinction between players but my question is this, Are there other variables or hidden modifiers for players such as confidence or consistency? Do players get rattled if they make a big mistake...or do they gain momentum if they are playing well or make a big play?

One of the great things about the NFL 2K series was the fact that players attributes actually progressed throughout the season if they played well and got more involved and made an impact in the games. Plus they gained confidence and momentum in the actual games if you utilized them and made a few big plays with them. Also on the flip side, if one of your CBs got torched, you'd see it affect his confidence for the rest of the game if he had a low consistency and confidence rating

Im wondering if Madden 08 explores these areas and demonstrates some of these psychological factors that affect a players performance from game to game throughout the season.

I got a back up rookie RB on MIAMI, Booker, that has been doing well the one game I utilized him. Im wondering if I start utilizing him even more if it will help him develop quicker and gain confidence and experience or is it just a natural scripted progression that they follow thats programmed into each player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is there CONFIDENCE or CONSISTENCY ratings?..Hot Streaks?? PROGRESSION??

well, you pretty much answered your own question...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

With as many things as madden got wrong this year...I find it highly suspect for them to get something like confidence and consistency right.

I guess one could run some tests to find out. Ive never found any clear cut progession in ratings before though. Sometimes I can have a rookie back have a 1500 yrd season and no progress, and yet sometimes I can have another rookie back have 5oo yards or so and go up 3 points.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Well perhaps I can rephrase this...is there any visible signs of progression in the player's numbers...do they go up or down during the year?...or game?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Well perhaps I can rephrase this...is there any visible signs of progression in the player's numbers...do they go up or down during the year?...or game?
They do on the last-gen version...

Hopefully next year the next-gen team will speak with the makers of 'NFL Headcoach' and adopt their weekly progression/regression system...

Also, the "confidence" thing you were speaking of can be found in NCAA'08...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do think that there are hidden ratings in this game. I know in my franchise, on of my rookie WRs doesn't have that high of an ovr rating, but he makes clutch catch after clutch catch. However, I'm not sure if these are anything like what you are mentioning with consistentency or confidence. However, I like how progression works. Not every player can improve even if he has a statistically great year. I had a DE in one of my franchises with 20 sacks, an 83 ovr, and after the season, he didn't progress one bit. However, players that didn't necessarily have big years statistically but received playing time ever now and again went up 1-3 points. I wouldn't call the progression random, but I like the fact that some players have ceilings for how good they can become and with other players the sky is the limit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »