Home

Sometimes this games feels like NFL BLITZ!

This is a discussion on Sometimes this games feels like NFL BLITZ! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Sometimes this games feels like NFL BLITZ!

I haven't paid for a new game for as long as I can remember. They way I see it, why pay for a new one, one a used game is just as serviceable? The choices are $65 new or pick it up on Ebay in a month for $30, more than just a couple of bucks. The EA dev team hasn't gotten money from me since Culpepper was on the cover, and it seems that they're doing fine without it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #26
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

I do the same but some games are a MUST pick up on release day. Here is a couple that are a MUST. Halo 3, Mass Effect, COD 4, Crysis (PC), APF was a MUST for me.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 17

It can be frustrating because the game has lots of potential and it probablly is one of the best Madden's they'd made when you consider the sum of all it's parts...but at the same time, they are still missing some of the basic things that they have struggled with for so many years

One of those things being the very simplistic tackling and physics based engine that results in alot of the 'touch tackling' and silly pinball bumper car style animations that result in some wierd visuals

Not to mention that extremely distorted over aggressive turnover ratio
Old 09-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
It can be frustrating because the game has lots of potential and it probablly is one of the best Madden's they'd made when you consider the sum of all it's parts...but at the same time, they are still missing some of the basic things that they have struggled with for so many years

One of those things being the very simplistic tackling and physics based engine that results in alot of the 'touch tackling' and silly pinball bumper car style animations that result in some wierd visuals

Not to mention that extremely distorted over aggressive turnover ratio
You're new to the game now. It took me 2 weeks to feel normal with the game. After I got used to the game and understood how it works, it became clear that this is simply a really good NFL simulation. It'll take some work and you probably have to change your playing style (I had to) but after that it's simply real good if you're looking for fun that equals REALISM.

I'm not going to make this a bible long post so without any planned thread advertising I suggest you read my post in the "Turnovers explained in length" thread. It's about turnovers but other than that it's about how Madden 08 works and how you need to play it to get realistic results.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #29
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Like he said earlier....MOTION....thats all it takes. Realistic Routes, Realistic Man Coverage (not db's running routes), Better tackles, Different QB Throwing motions, FootPlanting to change direction,....i could go on.

Player Motion should be the number 1 focus this time around. Number 2 shoud be the single player portion. Great single player should translate to balanced multiplayer. CPU Tendencies (Coach/Player) type things.

Question? Wouldn't it be cool if there were almost highlights. Runningback shakes the daylights out of a line backer only to have him trip up.

Question: Hit Stick? Is it me or after 4 years there's only 8 animations...Cut stick is lame...my corner's awareness should tell him tackle the ball carrier low. So if i dont want to risk a big hit...he gets run over. PLEASE!!!!

Hopefully they can deliver on variety and better motion. I can deal with canned animations as long as the look/feel natural and there's a ton of them. Best Motion capture studio around. PFFFFT.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
On the island there are also the ex girlfriends that you may gotten bored of and dumped a few years ago. Now that you have had some time apart, you might enjoy reuniting with the ex.......and very likely may enjoy her more than the new fat chick.
I'm currently back to the PS2 'old flame', and quite happy about it.

It's not as exciting perhaps, but we've had a good thing goin' on for a long time and know each other quirks so well, that it more than makes up for the lack of 'newness'.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
Yeah,..it's like we are stuck on an island with a fat girl and she is the only girl around for us to make love to.
:y4:
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »