Home

Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL*

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:52 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: *OFFICIAL* Madden 2009 Wish List

2 right now....

1. have team specific helmets for Probowl players

2. coaching needs to have an impact.

After watching the bronco game the other night, i kept asking myself why the defense is bad. The I realized that the defense has a brand new scheme. Somehow the coaching staff has to have an equal impact on the game same as the player attributes.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

TV style presentation
I would like to see a least one solid two or three man team calling the game, along with a sideline reporter bringing us updates from the field. I'd like to see more TV style replays and stat overlays as well. Also, I want the playoffs and especially the Super Bowl to feel bigger than the regular season.

Season, Franchise and Owner Mode
I'd like to have all of these options available like they were (or at least used to be on the older generation. I don't want added backwards compatibility to be my only hope for a solid franchise and owner mode. I want to see a really deep franchise and owner mode with solid trade and draft AI, as well as improved player progression (Actually I thought the old gen did a pretty good job with this), better simulated stats and hopefully a little testing to make sure everything works the way it is supposed to. Also, I want to be able to export my team and use them outside of franchise/owner mode as well (Sounds kind of like I just want my old Xbox back).

I also think it would be nice to throw in a season mode with customization that would allow us to load full of some of the classic teams to see who would win if they were all thrown together into one season. Of course, another requirement for this would be the inclusion of classic teams on the next gen versions and/or the ability to create our own (via the export team function like in NBA 2k8). Also, I think the ability to create custom offline tournaments would be great too.

Better use of the Hall of Famers
I assume that EA is shelling out some cash for the inclusion of the HOFers that have been in the last couple of years Madden. Seems like they might as well put some thought into how they are used. If you are going to allow us to use them on current teams give us options as to what part of their careers we wish to bring them back in. We should be able to either use them as rookies (no career stats), during their prime, or just play another year tacked on to the end of their careers. It just seems foolish the way it currently is. If I sign Barry Sanders to my Lions in franchise mode, I shouldn't have a 25 year old rookie with already over 15,000 career yards.

Also, I think these guys should be included on the classic teams they played for, which brings me to my next point. Bring back the classic teams. Include the HOFers that you are able to and allow us to edit the generics.

Misc.
Another thing I want to see (It may be in the current Madden, but I haven't been able to find it) is the ability to save replays. I like to be able to save the full replays like in the old gen, but would even settle for saving replays from fixed cameras like in NCAA. A reelmaker like feature would be could too, but at least lets get some sort of saved replays first.

More diversified playbooks for special teams ( and in general). I want to be have the option running a reverse on kick returns (or faking it). And did anybody else see the way the Lions kick team played against the Bears to keep the ball away from Hester. We should be able to use that type of trickery to keep the ball away from the elite return men.

Also, I think the game should be slowed down just a bit. It just seems a little too fast right now and more like NFL Blitz.

These are just a few things off of the top of my head. Basically, I just want the features and refinement of the previous generation with the graphical power of the next generation systems. I want 09 to be the year that I don't have to say "Maybe next year."
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2

- how about actual referees on the field?
- fix the sidelines or don't have them at all! Players look awful on the sidelines!
- make players actually look like their real-life counterpart!
- make players move more realistically... quarterbacks look too robotic! Their arms are way too stiff, and they hold the ball face high, which doesn't happen in the nfl! Throws need to look more natural... maybe have signature throwing animations ala All-Pro Football 2K8!

If none of this stuff can get fixed, why don't you just give up the NFL license or trade for the MLB license?!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

There are a few things Id like but one thing is sportscenter. A actual presentation of sportscenter in game and a preshow halftime show and post week show that shows actual game highlights from the last game and on franchise every game highlights. Also on the same not why not have a downloadable sportscenter online to keep with Real time durring the season. I have noticed online that some teams arent updated and some arent with news stories and videos which is unfortunate but I can see where its going. I agree with people when they say the only reason EA brought the 2k franchise is cause it was better cause it was. Look at the presentation they had. Two voice actors who played commentators then had Chris Berman do a great halftime show and post week sportscenter. Come on EA wake up!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins28
Just fire David Ortiz and Tiburon.
I agree 100%. Wishlist for this series always fall on deaf ears. These guys have yet to make an above average playing football game for 4 years on NextGen.

It's VERY obvious after 4 YEARS of waiting, that they do not have the talent or direction to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Man i have Madden 08 and its just the same ol junk created by EA, they should scrap Madden seeing its such a poor game and they wont bother making it legit. i would like to see sum 1 argue with me and prove me wrong.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

HIRE VC to do Madden 09-outsourcing...Ortiz and Triburon dont know how to make a good next gen football game. Pretty sad when 2k5 has better presentation and gameplay then Madden 08.

1) Gameplay-more pocket presence, less turnovers, more interaction, Signature style animations

2) Presentation-EDITABLE camera editor, use ESPN, highlights, stats, no radio announcer, more crowd chants,noise, music editor ingame, play-off/superbowl atmosphere-crowds affect game

3) GFX-more weather interaction (puddles, snow accumulation, clouds/sun effects), enhanced player faces, interactive stadiums.crowds
Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #64
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins28
Just fire David Ortiz and Tiburon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
Drop the NFL EXCLUSIVE license!
Both would probably help the situation. I'm sure he's just doing his job, but Ortiz always sounds so excited about the "improvements" as if major strides were made. IMO, the improvements are always minimal. And for every improvement, there's always several related things missing or broken.

And of course, competition would improve the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomb9887
catch missed fg's and nets!!!!!!1
This would be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »