Home

The "I have a problem with Madden 08" Thread

This is a discussion on The "I have a problem with Madden 08" Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: WhY isn't there a Sideline View Camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc
I can't believe EA added a user defined camera but you can't rotate it to achieve a sideline cam like in NCAA. I havn't bought Madden since 04 just because some idiot decided to take out the sideline camera. I want to play the game the way i see it on TV every sunday. I cant understand why the gamers are into this behind the quarterback view because that is not how we see it on TV, its so unrealistic to me.
Well, I realize I am playing a video game and thus use the veiw that is the most logical for me to play with. I understand that a video game isn't real life and trying to pretend it is real life sitll won't make it real life.

To each their own. If you wish to think playing a video game somehow brings you into the real nfl then that's fine.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 AM   #10
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WhY isn't there a Sideline View Camera?

So, can you cahnge the camera angle on the 360 version?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
The "I have a problem with Madden 08" Thread

Okay guys,

Some of you have recently voiced some concerns over the abundance of threads being locked in this forum. Rather than allow each user their own thread to voice their displeasure with certain aspects of Madden 08, I'm going to ask that you all keep your complaints, gripes, and what not in this thread.

As long as you all remain civil about what it is you're unhappy about, this thread will remain open. If things start to get out of hand, however, we'll have no choice but to lock it up.

Thanks, and gripe away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #12
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The "I have a problem with Madden 08" Thread

I was wondering when the mass lockings would stop. I have not posted because of this reason. Some of us are unhappy with how EA has been handling Madden and we tend to voice our dislike for it in here.

Back on topic. Like some of you have said. The BBB might have no POWER to change EA but they can bring things more in the public eye. But like someone mentioned. I think if enough disgruntled gamers went to the NFL and voice serious disapproval of them given the License to EA only to have them not use it up to standards of todays market. I think the cry can EASILY be seen amoung ALL the message boards, not just this one of all the people complaining of how they have so many issues with Madden this year. It is not just people wanting to complain, this time it is a honest call from gamers that they are NOT happy with the direction EA is going with madden.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

when you get past the major things, all the franchise and superstar issues, turnovers,etc you gotta sit back and look at the game as a whole to see how truly bad it is. i mean they have no stat overlays or anything but a sprint halftime replay thing with no announcing to it, they dont bother to show you a teams record or anything but they will show you the computers ring builder status in franchise. i would really like to know what portion of this game plays as advertised? what even makes this game playable? i may be the only person with this issue but my game disconnects whenever I playaction pass online. ive never had internet connection problems on any other game ever. thi game is just pure trash and it kills me that i was basically convinced to buy this game from numerous glowing reviews and I cant beleive how all of these issues didnt come up in any reviews or previews. It took me only a few hours to realize this is the worst football game ever released.

I dont want to sit here in these forums and come off like im blasting developers and the people in all the videos but I would be appalled if they arent embarrased to have this game attached to their name. who is responsible for this? even george Bush takes responsibility 25% of the time.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Our voices have been heard from consumer to EA.

They are currently working on a patch. I feel it's too early to contact the BBB and the NFL and all my lawyers before the patch comes out. If the patch fixes franchise issues, that is what most of the people care about, there is no need to contact the BBB and the NFL. If the patch doesn't address the issues of franchise mode, then I will contact the NFL and not purchase Madden except for Madden PC.

I don't think it's that much to ask to wait and see what the patch fixes.

EA makes Madden for all kinds of ages, not a narrow defined market.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
when you get past the major things, all the franchise and superstar issues, turnovers,etc you gotta sit back and look at the game as a whole to see how truly bad it is. i mean they have no stat overlays or anything but a sprint halftime replay thing with no announcing to it, they dont bother to show you a teams record or anything but they will show you the computers ring builder status in franchise. i would really like to know what portion of this game plays as advertised? what even makes this game playable? i may be the only person with this issue but my game disconnects whenever I playaction pass online. ive never had internet connection problems on any other game ever. thi game is just pure trash and it kills me that i was basically convinced to buy this game from numerous glowing reviews and I cant beleive how all of these issues didnt come up in any reviews or previews. It took me only a few hours to realize this is the worst football game ever released.
Let me help you out here. Trust me when I say that this is far from being the "worst football game ever released". You're exaggerating just a bit there, and if you step back and take a deep breath, I think even you would admit that.

The problems you have with this game are certainly valid. You can't use the "playaction pass/disconnect" thing in your dispute though, because you are the first and only person I've ever of having that problem.

To say that because there are no stat overlays and no win/loss record of the team you're playing against being shown pregame all make this game unplayable is, again, a bit on the extreme side.

Please realize that as long as you take such an extreme stance in that direction, very few people will take anything you say seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually am a big franchise guy but because I'm so busy with work now I usually just do season mode or play exhibition games in my sports games, so the free agent issue, the superstar stuff, that's not as big a deal to me as it would've been 2-3 years ago.

I think my biggest problem with Madden 08 is that it really doesn't feel fun to me when I'm playing. I found slider sets that work for me and the turnovers aren't really an issue except maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 games.

When I say Madden doesn't feel fun to me, I mean that I don't look forward to playing it. I don't look forward to finishing a season or gameplanning. I don't look forward to playing an actual game, it just feels stale to me.

My biggest complain about the gameplay is the linebackers/dbs with the eyes in the back of their head and the O/D line interaction. You could play as the Incredible Hulk at DE and still not get a sack unless your turn QB pass blocking all the way down.

I do not think Madden 08 was a bad game, but for the third effort on next-gen, it was a sub-par effort. I abstained from madden in 06 and 07, thought maybe 08 they had got it all together and, to me, it's pretty clear they didn't.

With Halo 3, NBA 2k8 and FIFA 08 coming out within the next three weeks, I'm going to trade Madden in. I won't be suckered in again next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »