Home

How's your rebuilding effort?

This is a discussion on How's your rebuilding effort? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How's your rebuilding effort?

Anyone here taking teams like Cleveland, Buffalo and rebuilding them trying to turn them around? I got a Falcons going right now with Leftwich starting we are 2-1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's your rebuilding effort?

I played as the Raiders since they are awful. I spent year one build the offense line. I drafted a great guard in round two (80 overall) and picked up a few player. My worst lineman is an 84 (previous worse was 71). My first round pick (2nd overall) was a top 5 wideout, who turned out to be a 74 overall, and is not making much of an impact. Since the progression is screwed up this year I don't think he'll go anywhere.

Overall the Raiders still suck but at least I have more than half a second to throw the ball.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm trying to rebuild the Bills and after 3 games my starting QB (Edwards) is out for 8 games and Pozlusny is injured 3-4 times per game.

I have (nearly) the worst O and D in the league.

A little too 'realistic', IMO...

I need to get:

A genuine #1 cornerback and have McGee as number 2

A dominant DT

A solid RG

A true FB

And a TE that doesn't drop everything thrown his way

Those 5 pieces and some solid progression and I may have a shot in a year or two.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Good luck on that Bills man it feels good rebuilding a team and beating the top teams in the league, what happened to Losman for you?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivrant
Good luck on that Bills man it feels good rebuilding a team and beating the top teams in the league, what happened to Losman for you?

I never liked using scrambling QBs b/c they always seem to throw off their back foot or 'scramble' their way into a lot of sacks.

I also love using rookie QBs so that all their career stats are my stats as well.

And I get to try to win the ROY.

Edwards will be my franchise QB, Nall my backup and Losman gets cut at the end of the year...in my 'chise and IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JimmyFly
Edwards will be my franchise QB, Nall my backup and Losman gets cut at the end of the year...in my 'chise and IRL.
WHAT!?! How could you NOT like Losman. He is one of my fav players in the league, especially after his Hey Rookie show a few years back. When he came into the league, they compared him to Brett Favre, yet they only let him throw 15 times a game. Its time to loosen the reigns and let the kid have fun and play. He's a gunslinger, and the Bills are trying to change him. In my eyes, Losman is Tony Romo with more athletic abilty and a bigger arm, he just plays for the wrong team.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscrazy411
I played as the Raiders since they are awful. I spent year one build the offense line. I drafted a great guard in round two (80 overall) and picked up a few player. My worst lineman is an 84 (previous worse was 71). My first round pick (2nd overall) was a top 5 wideout, who turned out to be a 74 overall, and is not making much of an impact. Since the progression is screwed up this year I don't think he'll go anywhere.

Overall the Raiders still suck but at least I have more than half a second to throw the ball.
All you have to do to "re-build" the raiders is bring in some speed at WR and get a couple of solid O-Linemen...I did that and went 10-6 in my first year...The Raiders aren't a bad team at all...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm not rebuilding any team until they patch the missing free agents. I can't rebuild with no players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »