Home

New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

This is a discussion on New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #65
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I think if APF had a franchise mode the sales figures would've looked quite a bit different. it just goes to show that there are more regular offline gamers than regular online gamers and, license or not, if you aren't pleasing that segment of the market then you're not going to get good results at retail.
Madden doesn't have a franchise mode either. Well, not one that works anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #66
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I think if APF had a franchise mode the sales figures would've looked quite a bit different. it just goes to show that there are more regular offline gamers than regular online gamers and, license or not, if you aren't pleasing that segment of the market then you're not going to get good results at retail.
I really seriously doubt that. I don't think people walked into their local Gamestop and asked "does this have a franchise mode". Franchise was made to be a big issue on the forums, which impacted buzz amongst those of us here. But don't think it played that much in the reasoning of most people. Anyone that thinks people will flock to APF once they add a franchise mode are mistaken. While it's an issue, I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue as it was made out to be in the forums.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #67
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
In terms of football competition,yes they were right.
I see you use the soccer comparison....
I will do my best to show you why this comparison is faulty.

1) In the states,soccer is no where NEAR as popular as football.
2) When comparing soccer games....how many of the teams, let alone players (excluding Beckham) do you think folks know?
3) Now....imo the reason why Winning Eleven is more popular,(besides gameplay) is due to the fact that it's not as important WHO the players are and WHAT the name of the teams are...because their not as widely recognized.

Now...use your theory. Do you not think that HAD 2k had the license they would have sold more?? I'm willing to wager they would have.
Also if you look at the folks that were turned off by this game (APF)....what were the 2 biggest reasons??
1)No franchise and
2)NO NFL
I concur.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #68
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

[quote=metallicatz;2037858969]The Winning Eleven games kill FIFA in sales all over the world......where soccor (or futbol) is popular.

Yes, i'm sure 2k would've sold more if it had had the license. But even EA execs went on record stating they were worried about APF. The reason is 2K's reputation and credibility they earned with the NFL 2K series on the last gen. That alone indicates that EA views 2k as competition and, therefore, there's motivation to try and "beat them". 2K has an installed fanbase regardless of the license. Sure, they'd have attracted some from the casual audience if they'd had the license....but not a crazy amount. Walk up to 20 random people and ask them if they know about Madden football. Then ask the same 20 if they know about 2K football. I bet nearly all of them would know about Madden where you MIGHT find 1 or 2 (if that) who know about 2K. The Madden brand has alot of history behind it.

If you are right, and EA does care about competition (from 2K especially), then that is downright scary. That would prove that they are indeed incompetent, and not just fat and lazy.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #69
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know if the casual gamer wants a franchise mode. My nephew is a senior in college and all he wants is season mode. He said , with studying and girl chasing, he doesn't have the time for franchises.

My son is 12 and he just wants season mode as well.

I'd say the hardcore gamers want franchise mode, but that's just my opinion, not fact.
I don't think there is a season mode anymore. You probably know that though. I agree that a lot of people would just be happy with season mode, such as myself. But, EA advertises and hypes their franchise mode and for those that bought it thinking they could do a franchise without it F***king up have a right to be upset.

That is like buying a SUV that was supposed to have 4 wheel drive, and finding out when you switched it over it didn't work, or worked some of the time. Sure, you don't need 4 wheel drive all the time, but you bought it thinking that you would have it when you wanted (needed) it.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Yeah some of that stuff just makes me scratch my head the kicking game was great in NCAA but in Madden it was broken again wtf.
Something community leaders and early testers should have known immediately.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #71
All Star

OVR: 20

I might actually play this game (really have never played it after buying it) when the patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Something community leaders and early testers should have known immediately.
The community leaders have already said, by the time they played the game, it was already the retail version. You can't blame the leaders for that.

Last edited by roadman; 10-27-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »