Home

The Madden 08 Patch Thread

This is a discussion on The Madden 08 Patch Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon13 Re: The Madden 08 Patch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
No the patch is not released yet... It failed MS testing the first time so they redid the patch and now MS has it again... I heard nov.27 as patch day but EA never confirmed it... So all we have to do now is wait and see...

~DK~911 for peace
As I mentioned earlier in this thread; its funny how the patch is supposed to be released on XX day and if its not; the rumor is for 7 days later; I have heard 10/30 then 11/6 then 11/13 then 11/20 and now 11/27; so my guess at about noon tomorrow when the patch isnt out; the rumor will be 12/4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: The Madden 08 Patch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
No the patch is not released yet... It failed MS testing the first time so they redid the patch and now MS has it again... I heard nov.27 as patch day but EA never confirmed it... So all we have to do now is wait and see...

~DK~911 for peace
It's not that I don't trust you or anything but where do you get your information from? Unless Ortiz is your neighbor I find it hard to believe for obvious reasons...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nothing posted over at EA Sports forum means...? There is no release date yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #68
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH
As I mentioned earlier in this thread; its funny how the patch is supposed to be released on XX day and if its not; the rumor is for 7 days later; I have heard 10/30 then 11/6 then 11/13 then 11/20 and now 11/27; so my guess at about noon tomorrow when the patch isnt out; the rumor will be 12/4
It's because everyone is assuming it will be released on a Tuesday.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #69
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

The 11/27 rumor came from a poster on the EA board so that's where he got it.... don't trash the guy for having hope, I too am hoping that the rumor is true, but I seriously doubt it due to the new patch having to go through MS's approval process.

In other news, I heard the NCAA patch for PS3 included tweaks for the lob pass in it. This has me real excited as it seems like there has always been something "off" about the lob pass in next gen Madden. Seems like you can never get air under the ball and the pass itself is useless because if you do a lob, all it means is that the db's have more time to get in place and pull their "super moves"... This could be due to the overpowered DB A.I., but I am hoping for a more last gen approach to the lob which would lead to this pass type being more viable post patch.

Cdon
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #70
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

I played Madden 07 the other night and realized how much easier and safier it was to throw a lob pass to the receiver and catch it. I've made catches and I thought to myself, "'08's next gen had that picked 3 times before my receiver touched it". I couldn't believe how the passing wasn't as scarey as next gen is... Only if it was like that for '08 next gen
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 11-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
I played Madden 07 the other night and realized how much easier and safier it was to throw a lob pass to the receiver and catch it. I've made catches and I thought to myself, "'08's next gen had that picked 3 times before my receiver touched it". I couldn't believe how the passing wasn't as scarey as next gen is... Only if it was like that for '08 next gen
That my friend is one confusing post. I think I get the jist of what you are saying though, however I think they need to find the happy medium between 07' and 08' it was like one extreme to the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 29

Any word on the patch as of today?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »