Home

**Official Madden Post-Patch Discussion**

This is a discussion on **Official Madden Post-Patch Discussion** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #585
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: **Official Madden Post-Patch Discussion**

Ok, I'm new to the PS3 version of the game and I must say...it ain't that bad! The framerate thing isn't really bothersome and post patch (mutch like the 360) plays a decent game of football. It does make sense to not get this or any sports title day 1, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #586
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I have been gone for a while, and today when I put in Madden it told me I had to update. I had already applied the big patch. What is this new update? Or is it possible my cache got cleared?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #587
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

So confused...

I finally got my machine back from the repair center.

I got back into my dynasty. I had started it with the patch, but deleted the cache when I started to have trouble with games freezing, thinking that might help. It didn't, so I think I did get the update again before sending the box away.

When I returned to my franchise, I didn't really think the turnovers were out of control, but I did decide I was having way too much success with the Lions. Hence, I decided to start over again with a new slider set and moving up one level in ability.

I also decide to sim the season up to the point I had already reached, which gave me an 0-11 start. The first game I play, I get wrecked, but then win the last four to finish 4-12. That didn't seem right, but I guess it could happen?

Anyhow, I go through the offseason without really being able to make significant upgrades (which is about what I expect out of the real Lions team anyhow). I play my first preseason game and end up getting destroyed by Buffalo at home, with Kitna and Brian Brohm (#1 overall pick) throwing six picks each. I figure it's my own fault, so I'll just move on.

Game two vs. the Colts sees my first four possessions end with three Kevin Jones fumbles and another Kitna pick (where he completely overthrows a wide-open Roy Williams.

i had to turn the game off in frustration.

I've gotten to the point where I've started to think this game is simply unplayable for me, and I'm not that hard to please with games. The only game I've banned has been the baseball series (which was hard as I'm mostly a baseball fan, first and foremost) due to the complete stupidity of the CPU in line-up management. Otherwise, I'm generally not good enough to really get all that upset about gameplay issues with these game, but I can't see how I go from taking a team that was losing all their simulated games, to winning four in a row (most with late game-winning scores), to getting destroyed via poor defense and turnovers in the preseason.

Someone give me a reason, please, to not just shelve this title and throw all my loyalty toward the NCAA game (I know it's flawed, but I like it mostly). I know I don't need two football games, but I've always enjoyed playing both games for different reasons.

Though, I guess saving another $60 a year can't hurt anything.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #588
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

I just recently bought a wireless adapter and an xbox live subscription. I just madden in and got an update that includes Ricky Williams. Where do I find this patch and how do I download it? I am all new to this.

thanks!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #589
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just got XBox Live and allowed it to download all updates. So I figured I'd have more luck with a dynasty this time.

Well, I did a fantasy draft, and I really like the team I was able to put together.

But after 1 week of preseason games, I can't go on because half the teams in the league have between 5 and 10 players injured and out for the season!

So I couldn't even get through 2 weeks of the preseason! Madden 08 is either a total joke or I'm a total idiot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »