Home

Abusing Weapons (or Lack There-of)

This is a discussion on Abusing Weapons (or Lack There-of) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Abusing Weapons (or Lack There-of)

So, I am curious what you guys think of this situation. I use the Browns and have found that a certain 'PA Rollout' play in Ace-Big formation is basically my money play.

After seeing the video about money plays on XBL (featuring David Ortiz) I felt less guilty about going to this play when I need yards...

However, I find myself going to this play quite a bit more when I am playing a team without the "Smart Defender" weapon. Since no one on the other team has a clue about this play, I take advantage of it. (I guess that is technically cheesing). But, isn't that also the point of using and exploiting the new weapon system?

Your thoughts, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Abusing Weapons (or Lack There-of)

no, there is nothing wrong with that. everybody has money plays. if u use it as often as i think u do, facing someone like me they will find a way to stop it.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

if they are smart they can send a blitz around the edge and pass commit. That pretty much makes a sack out of any PA
Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
if they are smart they can send a blitz around the edge and pass commit. That pretty much makes a sack out of any PA

Ya, players PA one or two times against me, and then they figure that out.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

one thing I love even more is when people try to sprint backwards with Kurt Warner and throw off their back foot all day and then get mad when they get a bunch of pick 6s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Personally, when I find a 'money play' I strike it from my playbook because I don't take any satisfaction in winning by exploiting the A.I.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

I figured that would be the case... I dont take satisfaction in it.... but i found myself justifying money plays because the producer acknowledged them existing.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

I will not use "money plays" against the cpu, but against human opponents, I will use them within reason (i.e. I will not use the WR Double Pass and HB Double Pass in any situation). Because the cpu has absolutley no adaptive intelligence, it is straight-up not fun to play unstoppable plays. However, because human players can adapt to my playcalling, if I find a play that I like running, I will use it until the player proves they can stop it. I will never use any plays that are considered "glitches" though (although sometimes I'll throw an unintentional rocket catch).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »