Home

I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson

This is a discussion on I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Seriously? Anyone that plays online knows this play already, and it hardly "kills" online play. There are reasons you should play against people you know if you are looking for a "sim" game, in a game that is entirely NOT sim.

Plus the easiest way to exploit online is to put CJ / Moss / Whoever as your 3rd WR and just run 3-5 WR sets. Happened to me, but why complain? It can only make you a better gamer, unless you just sit and cry.
Someone running money plays on you doesn't make you a better gamer.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

You must get a lot of gratification out of running money plays. Way to exploit flaws in the game to showcase your lack of actual skill.

You might want to have someone give you some money plays for spelling too. "Johnson" has an "h" in it.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

All my answer to that particular strategy (rollout deep ball) is blitz. Even a 5 man blitz, if well placed, can completely shut down that "money" play.

There are tons of ways to get a guy the ball. But the best way to do is to use motion and read what you see and choose a route that will get you open.

If the guy you send in motion is followed by the defender, he's in man and you can use a number of short routes that way, the best being a curl.

If the safeties come down at ANY time, go deep. A one on one with Ocho Cinco is hard to pull off for most defenders.

If the defender doesn't follow after a certain point, you'd be best to put him in a drag route, which is almost always open man or zone.

You could also do a slant route to the outside and hit hot route and right thumbstick down so he turns the route into a corner route. The corner is the best deep route against the zone, whether it's cover 2, 3, or 4.

There's also the WR screen, which is amazing against a heavy blitz. If you see everyone and their dog coming after you, or you're playing against a Dick LeBeau type (80 - 90 % Blitz), you'll see nice success with the WR screen. It's quick and the A.I. doesn't suck for screens anymore.

When you're in the red zone, a fade works almost every time for a guy like Chad Johnson, especially in man coverage.

My only question is this: why get a money play when you can have about 8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #12
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers22TB
All my answer to that particular strategy (rollout deep ball) is blitz. Even a 5 man blitz, if well placed, can completely shut down that "money" play.

There are tons of ways to get a guy the ball. But the best way to do is to use motion and read what you see and choose a route that will get you open.

If the guy you send in motion is followed by the defender, he's in man and you can use a number of short routes that way, the best being a curl.

If the safeties come down at ANY time, go deep. A one on one with Ocho Cinco is hard to pull off for most defenders.

If the defender doesn't follow after a certain point, you'd be best to put him in a drag route, which is almost always open man or zone.

You could also do a slant route to the outside and hit hot route and right thumbstick down so he turns the route into a corner route. The corner is the best deep route against the zone, whether it's cover 2, 3, or 4.

There's also the WR screen, which is amazing against a heavy blitz. If you see everyone and their dog coming after you, or you're playing against a Dick LeBeau type (80 - 90 % Blitz), you'll see nice success with the WR screen. It's quick and the A.I. doesn't suck for screens anymore.

When you're in the red zone, a fade works almost every time for a guy like Chad Johnson, especially in man coverage.

My only question is this: why get a money play when you can have about 8?
You see though, what you're suggesting though isn't "money" plays to me. It's real football strategy. If a guy blitzes a ton, throw screens and quick over-the-top routes. That's what teams try to do in realy life. But if you do all this, you have good strategy, and use the plays effectivley to find the weakness in the other team. That isn't exploiting a flaw, that is good, smart football. Great post though. Great strategies for anyone to use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »