Home

Madden starting to get real good!

This is a discussion on Madden starting to get real good! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden starting to get real good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dirty-
Post-patch is that thing with not being able to do a franchise beyond a few years gone?
Yes, and other issues (A.I. fumbles, interceptions, psychic DB/LB play, and some more).
Old 12-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Yes, and other issues (A.I. fumbles, interceptions, psychic DB/LB play, and some more).
I have to disagree with what's highlighted above.
Afain,there was never a mention of fixing this issue....at least as far as the cpu is concerned.
That problem is in the ai coding for the cpu qb's.....their just to plain stupid in certain situations.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I came up with the same solution for the Radio Announcer (Set to 0), for the same reason (to get that on the field feeling.)...
If that dude wasn't in this game it would have helped so much more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Afain,there was never a mention of fixing this issue....at least as far as the cpu is concerned.
That problem is in the ai coding for the cpu qb's.....their just to plain stupid in certain situations.
both, qb rarely overthrow/underthrow a target, and when they do, the DB/WR adjust their route in a very unrealistic way
Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Thats cool, but I am seeing a difference. In my franchise the A.I. averaged 3 to 4 INT's per game, and now post patch it has around 1 to 2. I don't know I have not played differently; 5 minutes, All Pro, and default sliders.

One thing those INT's that are thrown by the A.I. have been kind of mind boggling because it seems like they rushed throws on occasions, not all. Peace.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Guys I will post in about an hour. But to answer some ?'s about the patch, I feel it did a ton! Besided the franchise fix (did anybody else notice that before the patch when importing college players from ncaa they all generally sucked. Dmac was like a mere 90 on speed, now its realistic, he had 97?) the patch also fixed the DB's ability to make so dumb int and fumble dont happen near as much. Also theres facemask penelties being called now.....naw, just messin with yall, EA's not that good! but I will post soon.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Here it is...These play sweet as candy for me but then again I dont cheese period and I balance everything especially to each of my playmakers. Mods I know this post needs to be somewhere else but only a few folks needed them and this doesnt need its own thread:

Gameplay: ALLPRO Gameplay AI Sliders H/CPU
Ijuries: on
Fatigue: on QB Accuracy 50/60
weapons: on Pass Block 100/60
Quarters: 8min WR Catching 88/35
Offside: 20 RB ability 60/70
False Start: 20 RB Block 60/60
Holding: 55
Facemask: 70(pointless) Awareness 30/60
Offensive PI: 80 Knockdowns 70/35
Defensive PI: 60 Interceptions 15/5
KR/PR interference: 50 Break Block 50/25
Clipping: 50 Tackle 80/50
Roughing QB: 35
Roughing K: 10 FG Power 20/20
Accuracy 25/25
Punt Power 55/55
Accuracy 55/90
Kick Off 10/10

Volume: Master>100
Radio>0
PA>100
On the field and crowd>100

Last edited by wookie48; 12-28-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Came out crappy reposted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 AM   #16
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Youknow prior to the patch and such I thought madden was a joke. I hated the franchise portion, the gameplay and presentation sucked out loud. But now that the patch is out I did some things to the game that really paid off. For starters I am of course using the latest rosters, nj papis all madden sliders but on the all pro level.(all madden tends to be cheap and not realisitic.) I made small minor adjustments, tweaked the penelties and for the major upgrade(kinda) the volume is 100 for everything except the radio announcer. I hate listening to that! Now I get an on the field feeling that is nasty sweet! So the thread is for anyone who either has had the same experience as I have or have done their own thing. Some people B!tch about how bad madden is but I tell ya, once you fix the little things its bad to the bone. I am true to life 4-1 with the 'boys(lost to the damn patriots go figure!) and I have had close games as well as blow outs where I should. Sound off
Madden is a lot better when you got playoff fever from your real-life team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »