Home

Why doesn't EA give us the ability to fully customize our gameplay experience?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't EA give us the ability to fully customize our gameplay experience? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Why doesn't EA give us the ability to fully customize our gameplay experience?

One thing that gets at me about this game is that we have like no real ability to impact gameplay other than some of the obvious sliders. Only if you adjust the sliders to extremes can you really change how the game really plays, but other than that you can't.

Basically, GIVE US MORE SLIDERS. Yea. I think the sliders have been the same since Madden 2001, which was the first of the "current/last gen" that I played on PC. *off topic* Madden 2001 had on the field refs, chain gang, etc. You could knock refs down and if you ran into the goal post you would be knocked flat on your butt lol, good times.

Anyway, I look at the basketball games and both NBA Live and NBA 2k have a large amount of sliders that you can tweak and tweak and tweak and get completely new different types of gameplay. Yea, we have the traditional sliders, but they just don't effect the game enough. We should be able to get sliders that not only adjust the tendencies, but ratings as well.

For instance, for QBs they could add:
QB Accuracy
QB Awareness (something that should really be implemented, would help further distinguish QBs)
QB Arm Strength

The game has good sliders, it's that each on can be broken down and be more specific. Instead of "Runningback Ability" why not tendencies and ratings for Juke move, stiff arm, spin move, truck move, fumble tendency, break tackle, etc?

On Defense, tendencies for hit stick, interception ability, interception tendency, maybe interception vs knockdown slider, force fumble, speed, closing speed, etc.

I think if we had the ability to completely alter our gameplay experience, there'd be a lot less complaining. Look at NBA Live. It may play like crap out the box to some, but after some tweaking, it can be made into a solid game minus some of the physics.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Why doesn't EA give us the ability to fully customize our gameplay experience?

EA doesn't care about the consumer after they buy the game. They just take their money and sit down in a room far away from the consumer's pleas to fix the game/improve next year's. If you want EA to do something for the consumer, stop buying their games every year.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Why doesn't EA give us the ability to fully customize our gameplay experience?

How about a damn play creator/editor that works!!!

Or at least add some old school offensive schemes from the 60's,70's and 80's.

But I agree more sliders the better. It works best if they actually work like they should too (no company gets this right!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »