Home

Madden Wii, Anyone?

This is a discussion on Madden Wii, Anyone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden Wii, Anyone?

Much to my surprise, I bought Madden 08 for the wii, and I have to say it's enjoyable. I either owned or played every version this year, and I have to say the wii has some charm that you don't get from the others. Despite having PS2-like graphics, it's fairly engaging.

The appeal for the hardcore simmer would be moderate at best. I really wouldn't want my inability to throw to affect Brett Favre's ability to throw. However, for fun factor, it's not bad at all. It is pretty cool to spot an open Donald Driver (or T.O.), and nail a fastball to him on a crossing route.

Beacause of the nature of the wii system, I would consider all the games to be "arcade". The Bigs baseball is a perfect example of a wii game. Yes, you can hit a HR over the green monster, but you're not going to see artful AI game management or pinpoint stats.

Has anyone else given Madden wii a shot? My forum search didn't bring too many reults...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden Wii, Anyone?

My nephew got a Wii for Christmas and I got him Madden 08 to tool around with.

We both had fun with it playing on the same team.

It's a completely different experience from any other football game I've played. The hand-motions really add a certain "Wii-ness" to the game. It forces you to make reads a little more and find the WR that's going to be open because it's not just "throw it as you see it"... it's more of a see it, hit the button, throw it.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden Wii, Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauron
Beacause of the nature of the wii system, I would consider all the games to be "arcade". The Bigs baseball is a perfect example of a wii game. Yes, you can hit a HR over the green monster, but you're not going to see artful AI game management or pinpoint stats.

Has anyone else given Madden wii a shot? My forum search didn't bring too many reults...
You obviously haven't played MLB Power Pros yet.

I have Madden 08, and I think it's the first decent Madden in years. I just wish I wasn't so freaking busy - I'd play it a ton if I had the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »