Home

Playing Madden 07 on the 360... can someone help me

This is a discussion on Playing Madden 07 on the 360... can someone help me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playing Madden 07 on the 360... can someone help me

Now I love sports games, but I always get the game that is one year behind, and just update the rosters, since it's simply cheaper for me to roll like that. I just got my 360, and got Madden 07, which I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE.

But I have a few things I was hoping people could help me out with.... Can you not edit players in the game, like free agents, change their names and what not? You could do that on the last gen games, but I can't figure out how to do it on the 360 Madden 07, if it's even possible.

Also, how do you adjust the defense at the line, to say, show blitz, or back off coverage? I am lost, I'm so used to the last gen controls, that I'm confused as heck.. Can someone help me out here?

Also, I like this game so much, it MIGHT be worth it to get 08 if it's a big enough improvement over 07? Is it, or should I just keep on trucking with what I've got?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Playing Madden 07 on the 360... can someone help me

The biggest problem with 07 is that you can't edit anything. If I were you, I would wait until this time in 2010 and get Madden 2009...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Heck, NFL 2k10(?) should be back by then.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 01-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Heck, NFL 2k10(?) should be back by then.
Oh boy!! This can get ugly, but many a fans of this game are probably hoping for this.

Truegameplayer, you might be able to find 08 for pretty cheap now, you might just want to take the hit to the bank account, since you love sports game. I will warn you it is much better than 07', but not the greatest of all time. Go into it and know it is just a game, and that the developers took some creative liberties, and on Sundays watch a different game than us; without commentators, facemask penalties, invisible field goal nets, fans high on speed, and a shotgun blast for every long or possibly game changing pass.

I am being a little silly in the post, it is a decent game, but many of us expected and by now deserve a better NFL game, that actually mimics what we see on TV better. Peace.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Oh boy!! This can get ugly, but many a fans of this game are probably hoping for this.

Truegameplayer, you might be able to find 08 for pretty cheap now, you might just want to take the hit to the bank account, since you love sports game. I will warn you it is much better than 07', but not the greatest of all time. Go into it and know it is just a game, and that the developers took some creative liberties, and on Sundays watch a different game than us; without commentators, facemask penalties, invisible field goal nets, fans high on speed, and a shotgun blast for every long or possibly game changing pass.

I am being a little silly in the post, it is a decent game, but many of us expected and by now deserve a better NFL game, that actually mimics what we see on TV better. Peace.
So does this mean that you can't edit anything in '08 either? If I can't edit players in '08, then I'll just stick with '07, because I pretty much have the rosters updated at the skill positions, which is all I care about doing. I always used to take like the lowest free agent scrub players that aren't even in the league anymore, change their names and attributes, and make them into players that were around. Like take a generic black QB and turn him into Jamarcus Russel, or a generic white QB and turn him into Brady Quinn.

If I can't do such things in '08, I won't bother getting it(I am sure those two are in the game, I'm just using them as examples of what I do).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes you can edit players in 08. Except positions.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoyal
Yes you can edit players in 08. Except positions.
oh okay, then it's bought.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

08 is a pretty decent game... once the patch was fixed, most people lost quite a bit of their negative views of the game....

however, negative views of EA... well.... you know...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »