Home

Is Madden worth getting?

This is a discussion on Is Madden worth getting? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15
Is Madden worth getting?

I haven't played Madden since 2002. I had NFL 2k5 and loved it! I bought All Pro Football on 360, and didn't enjoy it as much (probably due to the generic teams...and yes it matters!)

I want to play an NFL game, but I heard Madden kinda fell off and the commentary sucks. Is this game worth getting? What are the pros/cons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is Madden worth getting?

lol. dude, seriously i think if your jonesing for a fottball game and madden is on your horizon, go out and get it used cause lets face it your prob going to get it anyway. weve all been there. my reccomendation to you is for you to get the game give it a run for yourself, then formulate your own opinion. If you do need some type of info about the game to sway your decision to get it then i suggest you read like a few pages back in threads there are enough impressions to keep you reading all night.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea buy used, or just rent.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 01-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

madden sucks.... they are so full of themselves..... ever since they got the exclusive license they have sucked! That's just my opinion......it's not so much a madden thing, but an EA thing.... just look at nba live and march madness, terrible! Not even joking.... get with it EA, quit being such jerks and make a game that plays like the real thing!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah,..go get it,...the game has lots of flaws,...but it does have it's bright moments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Is it good at least for head to head play because I think that is all I am going to get it for.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

NO. Unless you are really bored OR you just want to play a game with NFL Teams/players.

Honestly, you will be hardpressed to find anything in this game that actually resembles real NFL gameplay.

-No QB pocket/terrible d-line/oline intereaction
-Horrible tackle animations
-20 yard sprint/drop back is still there
-depressing presentation

I could go on but like someone else said, go check the Impressions thread here at OS if you think I'm overstating anything. That's the best source in getting a wide range of feedback on the game.

The only good thing about the real NFL season being pretty much over is that, i will not get the urge to play this game again until August.

This franchise has been a HUGE dissapointment on NextGen IMO.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
NO. Unless you are really bored OR you just want to play a game with NFL Teams/players.

Honestly, you will be hardpressed to find anything in this game that actually resembles real NFL gameplay.

-No QB pocket/terrible d-line/oline intereaction
-Horrible tackle animations
-20 yard sprint/drop back is still there
-depressing presentation

I could go on but like someone else said, go check the Impressions thread here at OS if you think I'm overstating anything. That's the best source in getting a wide range of feedback on the game.

The only good thing about the real NFL season being pretty much over is that, i will not get the urge to play this game again until August.

This franchise has been a HUGE dissapointment on NextGen IMO.
Well if you were responding to me, I have no desire to play any frnachise stuff with the football games out this year. So head to head it is. NO ONLINE though. I can't handle guys using goal line on the 50 with 10 yards to go for a first down. Thanks for your input though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »