Home

Toughest Team to Turn Into Super Bowl Champ?

This is a discussion on Toughest Team to Turn Into Super Bowl Champ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Toughest Team to Turn Into Super Bowl Champ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
The falcons (as usual) have too many overrated players IMO. They are my favorite team and I always have to rerate them or I'm in the super bowl by year 2 or 3.
One thing I can't do is be a "dome" team. I just hate indoor football! The Vikes are the only dome team I've ever controlled in Madden, and I had a new outdoor stadium built by year 3 of the franchise. Nothing like a good football game in the elements!!!

Right now I'm leaning towards these teams:

Bills
Dolphins
Raiders (can I get rid of Al Davis ... haha)
Bengals (dump some of the problem players)
Lions or Vikes (if I can lose the dome)
Cardinals

I'll have to look thru the rosters and see which teams I can "personlize" to fit my style best. I always like to simulate myself as a new coach coming in with player/personnel control, and make changes to the roster like many coaches do in real life. Whether that be by trading draft picks or trading players. You see that all the time where a new coach or GM comes in, and by year two more than half of the team are new players. That's probably one of my favorite parts of Madden franchises.

By the way, can stadiums be built in Madden 08 (360)?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm in year 2 of a franchise with the Jets. The first season I went 8-8. I had a few nice offseason moves including signing Lance Briggs and drafting McFadden. Right now I'm 3-1 in season 2 and McFadden has rushed for 100+ yards in 3 of my 4 games. Briggs is leading the team in tackles with 43 after 4 games. I have Pennington as my QB and he's having a decent season. After 4 games he's completed 60% of his passes for 910 yards, 7 TDs and 3 Ints. I'm not even a Jets fan but having lots of fun so far with this franchise.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #11
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I'm in year 2 of a franchise with the Jets. The first season I went 8-8. I had a few nice offseason moves including signing Lance Briggs and drafting McFadden. Right now I'm 3-1 in season 2 and McFadden has rushed for 100+ yards in 3 of my 4 games. Briggs is leading the team in tackles with 43 after 4 games. I have Pennington as my QB and he's having a decent season. After 4 games he's completed 60% of his passes for 910 yards, 7 TDs and 3 Ints. I'm not even a Jets fan but having lots of fun so far with this franchise.
I could tell you are not a Jets fan cause Chad is still on your team. He's on the block as soon as the off-season begins. In my 2nd year and Kellen Clemons and John David Booty are going to battle for the starting positon.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYjetsdynasty
I could tell you are not a Jets fan cause Chad is still on your team. He's on the block as soon as the off-season begins. In my 2nd year and Kellen Clemons and John David Booty are going to battle for the starting positon.
Yeah, I had a tough decision in the draft. I couldn't decide on Brohm or McFadden with the 4th overall pick (via trade before the start of the season). I figured I would take McFadden and see what Pennington could do one last season before I considered trading him or releasing him. In my first season he and Clemons split time and Pennington had much better stats than Clemons so that's why I went with him in year 2. I'm going to keep Chad for the rest of this year and then try to make an offseason move with him and see if I can't land a solid QB either in the draft or through free agency. Personally, I've always been a Pennington fan in real life, but I know that he doesn't have much of an arm and is hurt way too much and has worn out his welcome with Jets fans.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

If you really would like a challenge, do a fantasy draft and limit yourself to maybe not drafting anyone higher than a 70 or less even. Play on all madden, default sliders, and "ask madden" for all your play choices, and avoid all your money plays at all costs. I believe this will be challenging and probably lots of fun. Peace.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like your stats for Lance Briggs. What slider settings were are you using in your franchise? I'm playing a franchise too with the texans on my second year. My OLBs don't seem to get as many tackles as they should. My corners seem to be getting more than they should. What changes should I make?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »