Home

Is Peter Moore going to make a difference in Madden's gameplay?

This is a discussion on Is Peter Moore going to make a difference in Madden's gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Is Peter Moore going to make a difference in Madden's gameplay?

He does have a sports background in games, but judging from the interview, it seems to me like he doesn't want to shake-up too much with Madden.

With sales like they have, he may think it would be a risk to change the game too much, but he also runs the risk of it getting too stale for even the masses (who don't get into it as much as people in this forum).

I don't have a link, but I think I read tha this years Madden sales are down from last - if that's wrong, my bad, but I wouldn't be suprised.

For me personally to buy madden it needs big changes - but I don't see Moore's influence making a real difference in how it plays; I'm ont even sure the producer position will make much a difference either. The Madden machine might have too much momentum behind it for anyway to put their balls out to try and change it. Plus there are a lot of people who do in fact like the game the way it is.

When I first heard he was goign to EA sports, I thought of it as a positive move for EA and that it would affect the quality of their games, but now I'm not so sure.

agree, disagree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is Peter Moore going to make a difference in Madden's gameplay?

No he wants to make it far more worse....by tailoring it to the "casual" crowd...screw you Moore...its already too arcadey enough as it is
Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
No he wants to make it far more worse....by tailoring it to the "casual" crowd...screw you Moore...its already too arcadey enough as it is
Well originally I thought he might be around the developement team and say things like 'come on guys, you need way more camera angle options!' and stuff like that. But now I just don't think he'll offer any creative input like that.
EA sports is just too big for him to be concerned with little details like that in Madden.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

No, and why should he?

Madden continues to be the top seller for EA. The game rakes in millions, and to be honest....even if they made the game 500x better, just how much would sales increase?

Until Madden starts having lackluster sales, dont expect the business model to change at all.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
No, and why should he?

Madden continues to be the top seller for EA. The game rakes in millions, and to be honest....even if they made the game 500x better, just how much would sales increase?

Until Madden starts having lackluster sales, dont expect the business model to change at all.
I don't agree with you because it doesn't necessarily cost them to change the game. They are paying the same developers the same salary regardless. Your point makes me wonder if they did revamp a lot (for better or worse) would tha affectsales at all?
Making the game 'better' wouldn't necessarily cost more. ex. adding 5 camera angle options for offense and defense would not cost more or increase the development cycle.
I'm saying Moore could have that kind of influence if he chose to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
No, and why should he?

ding ding ding!!!

This business model has a name, though I forget what it's called, but basically says that the company won't change anything about the product until the consumer refuses to buy it anymore.

Madden won't have the drastic change in gameplay that so many of us are looking for until sales dramatically drop. It's pretty much the same it's been since it first appeared on PS2, XBOX and GC back in 2000 so I can't believe some people are still holding out hope that it's going to change.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
ding ding ding!!!

This business model has a name, though I forget what it's called, but basically says that the company won't change anything about the product until the consumer refuses to buy it anymore.

Madden won't have the drastic change in gameplay that so many of us are looking for until sales dramatically drop. It's pretty much the same it's been since it first appeared on PS2, XBOX and GC back in 2000 so I can't believe some people are still holding out hope that it's going to change.
Your exactly right...At the very least maybe they can allow the user to edit a players position or have formation substitutions.

Maybe have the CPU actually challenge something. All these little issues, and then you still have a broken franchise w/ the FA pool being a crapbox and the relocation tool being stupid and broken.

I've lost ALL faith in the Madden dev's putting something out equivalent to the NFL experience. I just need for MLB 2K8 and NBA 2K9 to be great, and that will suffice my sports gaming desires. It will suck not having a worthy NFL title but there is nothing which attracts me to this game anymore. On-line sucks, franchise sucks...what's the point?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Judging by this forum, one would think that Madden has the worst game in the history of Video games.

Ok Madden has not been great, i really didnt like this years version for alot of reasons. Everyone keeps on comparing Madden with APF and nfl 2k5. But Madden on the 360 and ps3 is a all new engine where as 2k uses ports of ps2 and xbox.

Just wait until all the kinks are worked out for madden. Remember how bad the first 2 years of Madden was on the ps2? After that Madden got very good. After this year and madden still sucks then i will just rent. But i am loyal and EA has made me alot of money through stocks so i really cant complain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »