Home

Just Your Average Madden 05 Discussion

This is a discussion on Just Your Average Madden 05 Discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Just Your Average Madden 05 Discussion

I posted a comment about Madden 05 being the last good Madden on another post and it seems that quite a few people agree with me. So that got me thinking.....how many people think that Madden 05 WAS the best Madden made to date? Does anyone still play it? Any fond gameplay/Franchise memories? Did everyone use "the Manefesto" when it was out? I'd like to hear "blast from the past" memories. Plus, if it turns out that a lot of people agree, I'm curious if a group to update 05 with updated rosters was ever considered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Just Your Average Madden 05 Discussion

Manefesto? I remember the game and I actually think I might go pick up a copy today if I can find it. I really need an NFL fix and I'm tired of next-gen Madden.

What is Manefesto?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Manefesto? I remember the game and I actually think I might go pick up a copy today if I can find it. I really need an NFL fix and I'm tired of next-gen Madden.

What is Manefesto?
The Manefesto was possibly one of the greatest game "fixes" of all time. A team of incredible Madden-ites developed the Manefesto (I apologize ahead of time for not knowing names and not giving the work the proper justice). Basically it fixed certain aspects of the coaching sliders that made teams react from a run/pass perspective as they should based on the coaching sliders. It fixed what was known in the Franchise community as "defense 1st against the run, last against the pass". I used it and also used to control all the teams to fix the draft and FA signing issues that Madden has had forever. You would REALLY have to search to find the thread, doubt it still exists. However, I actually might still have the word doc attachment from the Manefesto.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh man that would be awesome. Thinking back I have many fond football gaming memories from the 04-05 season. I think both games were at their best and I loved having the option to put in two totally different football games I loved equally. I'm going to search for the Manefesto thing then a copy of the game. Is it backwards compatible on 360?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Don't really know. If I had to guess, EA wouldn't make it backwards compatable because then there would be no reason to buy the updated garbage. Anyway, I have a 40GB PS3 with no backwards compatability option, so I'm SOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

For it's time, Madden'05 was the best Madden because that was the one that took the biggest leap forward in terms of gameplay, franchise mode, and features.

Madden'08 (last-gen) is "better" than Madden'05 simply because it has everything that '05 had plus the gameplay has been more refined and new features have been added (slide protection, smart routes, multiple pre-snap adjustments, better animations, better framerate, bigger playbooks, better franchise mode, better AI, and on and on...).

The only way I can see someone feeling that Madden'05 is the undisputed champ is if they aren't fond of the vision-cone (which was added in Madden'06), because Madden'08 is basically a roided-up version Madden'05.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

I played 08 on the PS2 a little before I got my PS3 and I semi agree with you, except for the lag time in between screens. I could read each teams news pages in 05 without a problem.....the same in 08 was painful. God forbid I hit the wrong button to read the wrong team, it ended up being 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

madden 05 was the real ****.the gameplay was awesome,the field lighting was real good.

TRuly a great game,if we could get some updated rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »