Home

Madden 09: Make or Break Season

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Make or Break Season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #41
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 09: Make or Break Season

I don't think this is a make or break year for Madden....Reason being,they just extened the license for another four years,which gives them wiggle room to try new things instead of building off the core game......I have a feeling that the same thing is going to happen every year.....My prediction Madden 09 will have a "New Feature" that will be used to distract gamers from other nagging issues.....

Hate to beat a dead horse,but that's why I feel 2K is better,when they introduced the ISO motion for NBA2K series they didn't just leave it the way it was after that year,they continued to build on it,they created new moves with it,they polished it and still polished there core engine to make the gameplay and feel more real.They didn't throw a bunch of new features at us and sent us on our way.....That's why I consistently purchase the NBA2K series every year because I know what I'm getting.....That's not the case with Madden.

Last edited by cjallure24; 03-27-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
I don't disagree with what your saying but the only problem with your logic is your assuming EA has taken the approach that their product has been a failure when its likely quite the contrary. Alot of people are happy with Madden and the next gen sales numbers show that...I don't expect EA or Tiburon to have any feeling of make or break or that they need to drastically improve things

I only wish they felt that way. A comparison to Madden and the Triple Play series is not a good comparison AT ALL...TP was disastrous. Some may argue that Madden 2008 was disastrous but I'd counter their claim with the fact that Madden as a whole is still a decent game JUST not what many of us thought we'd be seeing and playing 4-5 years into next gen gaming

EA is nowhere near pushing the panic button on Madden
No. They had to spend man hours on the patch for this. They also had their own website bombarded with bitchfests. Their sales have been down and it took them three months to fix the problem. Plus their sales have been sagging.

And its great that you think it was a great game. I think its safe to say youre in the minority.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #43
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
How is it a make or break season with no competition? Its not like we have another choice....It will just be another year of pissed off fans complaing about whats wrong with the game but will keep buying the next version hoping for a miracle...
How true. The really sad thing is, people keep buying this game every year. I know it will never happen but if we really ever want a GREAT Football game from EA we are going to have to NOT run out on launch day and buy this product. Don't pre order it and don't buy it. Make EA sweat for just one year, that's all it would take. Hell wait a week or so after the game is release and read the reviews and forums, if the game is good by all mean go get it, if it sucks again, you just saved $60.00. But there are just to many sheep.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #44
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Reading between the lines of Peter Moores comments from earlier this week I can only infer that EA thinks the loss' in Madden sales come from not getting the 'casual gamer' buying, Instead of the fact that, maybe, Madden as a football game just aint that good. which doesnt bode well for anyone expecting solid gameplay inprovements. Good luck on your 'snipe hunt' EA.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #45
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
When people say they disliked the gameplay I take it they mean they were frustrated with the sliders and more directly the turnover issue.

I've never been a big Madden apologist but I find the gameplay is very good and much improved in recent years other than that.

Presentation and bugs that should've been fixed with proper testing are really the keys to putting out a product that people will find satisfying.
u hit the nail on the head. thats exactly why people "hate" madden 08. those issues became such a pain in the ***. especially the franchise bug.

the gameplay itself is actually very good. but presentation is bland and comes off boring. and as we have learned from nba 2k8 and THE SHOW, excellent presentation makes a good game great.

as long as 09 is free of "game killing bugs" and the presentation is good and touch up on some of the gameplay issues, 09 will be good. i will be buying it first day.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8

PS3 version must be 60fps and turnovers must be drastically reduced or it's a no buy for me.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2
Nice article. I at the least just hope they completely re-do online gaming.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I actually liked Madden 08...
I really liked Madden NFL 08 too.. just hated the stupid radio announcer and the presentation should be better....also when I say really liked it that is in comparison to the previous next-gen Maddens. I agree with everyone else that the series is nowhere near where it should be and is not progressing nearly quick enough for my tastes.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 04-30-2008 at 10:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »