Home

Brett Favre - Rating

This is a discussion on Brett Favre - Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Brett Favre - Rating

I just done a quick mock up in excel, what do you think he'll be rated WHEN he makes it into Madden 10?

I don't know if i'm being realistic or biased? lol..

Donny said he could be from 70-80. But I got him at 88
Attached Images
File Type: jpg favre.JPG (20.3 KB, 246 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Brett Favre - Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I just done a quick mock up in excel, what do you think he'll be rated WHEN he makes it into Madden 10?

I don't know if i'm being realistic or biased? lol..

Donny said he could be from 70-80. But I got him at 88
NO WAY he's an 88 anymore....sure, he's still got some power, but as poor as his decision making was in his prime, it's FAR FAR worse now! Trust me, I've seen every game he's played in, literally.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
NO WAY he's an 88 anymore....sure, he's still got some power, but as poor as his decision making was in his prime, it's FAR FAR worse now! Trust me, I've seen every game he's played in, literally.
No worries man, it's all good. You are probably right, Right now Cutler and Aaron should be higher awareness than Favre, if his awareness changed to just below them he would probably go down to 83 OVR? That would sound about right too.

What would you rate him?

EDIT: Actually I didn't take his speed into account, that may even drop him to a 78 or so!

Last edited by Jono078; 06-17-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
No worries man, it's all good. You are probably right, Right now Cutler and Aaron should be higher awareness than Favre, if his awareness changed to just below them he would probably go down to 83 OVR? That would sound about right too.

What would you rate him?
Honestly...maybe a 76 to 78....he SLOW as all hell (never was fast, but has gotten pretty old, too), and it USED to be he got away with ALOT of poor decisions just because of his incredible arm strength...he could throw it places NOBODY else would dare try.

Now, his mind still thinks he's got that same gun, but doesn't have the power like he used to, so he's off target more (throwing behind or underthrowing) and also is picked more easily (defenders USED to drop alot of passes they could have caught, but weren't used to his zip on the ball).

And he ALWAYS had a propensity for making at least a couple just dumb decisions every game, anyway, now that number just increases, IMO

If you ever want to see the REAL Favre, as opposed to him today, there was a Monday night game (I believe) against New England in 1996, he threw the most INCREDIBLE laser I have EVER see in my life....about a 50 yard BULLET to Chmura (for a TD) between 2 defenders that rocked Chmura backwards...incredible! If he had an average arm, that pass woulda' been an EASY pick!

Last edited by MJenness; 06-17-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Brett Farve:
OVR. 77
AWR. 86
THP. 93
THA.85

I think thats about right!!!

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533

Last edited by PanthersFanboy; 06-17-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

to me below and if he had a better team then the jets maybe he make better decisions but his awr should below and i know this a mock but still pro shoudl be team rating thead
Old 06-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

othen then that i think ur rating over isi pretty close
Old 06-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

What would you rate him?

EDIT: Actually I didn't take his speed into account, that may even drop him to a 78 or so!
His awareness should be high...sure he makes idiotic plays...but he has 17 years in the league right....he's seen EVERYTHING. I think his accuracy and stupidity rating should be 83/88

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »