Home

Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase.

This is a discussion on Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Animal
So why has there not be an invention that allows us to play X-Box 360 or PS3 games on our computer? The way I envision that device to be is similiar to the Internal DVD player (or external). You plug it in like normal (USB if external), pop the disk in, and voila you can play Madden '09 PS3 or XBox 360.

Regardless, despite not really getting into Madden 2008 this past season (life took over), my wife will be happy I'm not going to be shelling out another $40 for another rehash.
Patent laws would make that completely illegal.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

It's called "emulation" - the actual emulator is not illegal, it's the BIOS dump of the consoles that are illegal. However, nothing like a PS3 or Xbox 360 could be emulated any time soon - if ever. Even PSX can often be too difficult to emulate on PC.

If MS are serious about PC gaming, their next OS needs to merge the 360 and PC into one, where the same discs can be used in both. MS have the power, and it would unite two key demographics against Sony and Nintendo.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

sorry to hear that you pc users are losing that version of the game. sounds like its time for you all to come learn the light side of madden force.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Um....I have a 360. And the game has been crap every year. The PC version has been the BEST playing version of Madden for atleast 4 years. May not have the Next Gen engine, but it looked good and played better. Plus, we had the customization option that you cant do on the console.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #21
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
Um....I have a 360. And the game has been crap every year. The PC version has been the BEST playing version of Madden for atleast 4 years. May not have the Next Gen engine, but it looked good and played better. Plus, we had the customization option that you cant do on the console.

make me a movie of Bills/ Dolphins.......passing plays/running plays

post it to youtube....i want to see for myself

then i'll consider a boycott

thanks

K-GUN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

I agree entirely with Nza about wishing that EA Sports would release their hidden "secrets" or whatever to doing what it takes to be able to completely edit Madden for the PC. That game has been under total lock and key forever on the PC, and there's no way in hell it's a coincidence considering every other EA Sports game on the PC can be modded much, much easier.

You know these people look at these boards and are "in the know" when it comes to this stuff. EA Sports, if you're going to stop developing Madden for the PC, then throw us a bone and let us take it from here. It is NOT asking too much. The amazing thing about stuff like this is that MVP Baseball hasn't been released for nearly 4 years now and the PC version of 2005 is STILL one of, if not the best baseball game on the market due to the community. And this is where PC Gaming can achieve things that consoles will never, ever be able to do.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

The pc game was even worse than the 360 version, why waste your money anyway.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

No, it wasn't. That doesn't make sense, because the criticism of the 360 version is it isn't better than the old-gen game, and PC 08 was based on the old gen game.

It plays a good game of football, it has every mode you could want (except online franchise), it doesn't look too bad plus you can edit a lot to customize the experience. It was not worse than the 360 version by far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »