Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

No accelerated clock again, WTF.

Ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #50
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Do they ever give actual reasons that things like accelerated clock are not in the game? I cant fathom a single good reason why it isnt in there..... yet they implemented a feature to be able to re-do a bad play. In any case, thank you for the preview. Did you happen to notice if create-a-player was in or not?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 29
I am hoping to hear or see something about when the CPU has the ball going down the sidelines.... hopefully the players don't "spaz out" and run out of bounds...

looking good so far though...I think EA may redeem themselves!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #52
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by droc81yo
I'm not getting "suckered" in either. last years game was frankly pathletic. Especially after playing NBA 2k8 and The Show. EA has the most money and makes the poorest games.

Furthermore, I am so sick and tired of EA adding STUPID pointless features, like Backtrack and the hologram training BS.

Here's an idea EA, work on your terrible gameplay, than add bells and whistles. If you dress up a turd, it's still a turd.
Co-sign. It's no secret that I truly dislike EA, but there is a legitimate reason for that and I see it happening all over again...HYPE. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm tired of EA's marketing department being more productive/successful than the Madden devs themselves, and the little sheep that take their word as gospel.

I'm hoping no one falls for their marketing crap this year, but I know better. W/ inflation getting out of control and the economy (in general) shooting bricks, $60 isn't going to be a drop in the bucket like it used to be...

Here's to the Show, NBA 2K8 and other sports game dev's who actually get the job done...

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #53
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Co-sign. It's no secret that I truly dislike EA, but there is a legitimate reason for that and I see it happening all over again...HYPE. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm tired of EA's marketing department being more productive/successful than the Madden devs themselves, and the little sheep that take their word as gospel.

I'm hoping no one falls for their marketing crap this year, but I know better. W/ inflation getting out of control and the economy (in general) shooting bricks, $60 isn't going to be a drop in the bucket like it used to be...

Here's to the Show, NBA 2K8 and other sports game dev's who actually get the job done...
$60 used to be a drop in the bucket??

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7
Did you guys see any variety of camera angles to add to the presentation?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #55
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am pretty sure they didn't have to invest much time for the Mulligan feature....However the fact that it was EA is promoting it as a new feature certainly indicates who this game is being designed for.

Although I will say that FINALLY we have a game with pregame fireworks. For years I have played video game football, as the experience has been spoiled because the opening kick off has not been preceeded with fireworks ala Atari Soccer. I am excited that '09 will usher in a new era of video game football. PREGAME FIREWORKS!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #56
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
$60 used to be a drop in the bucket??
In other words, $60 is valued a little more today than it has been in years past. When you factor in inflation (rising cost of gas & food etc), it makes it a little bit tougher to part with $60 especially for a product that most people would deem unsatisfactory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »