Home

Another year another joke...

This is a discussion on Another year another joke... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #33
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Another year another joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33
I pointed out the fumble because last year this was a big issue. So then you think 8+ fumbles a game is realistic because this is about how many happened in 08.
hold R1....it helps to protect the ball when going into traffic

hope this helps & thanks for posting

)
Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33
Here is the definition of trolling (from Wikipedia):
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

This thread is not meant to be controversial and is not irrelevant or off topic because I am pretty sure this is a Madden forum. I am not trying to bait other users into an emotional response and it is not disrupting any other topic as this is a new thread. IMO your post is trolling because it is off topic to the discussion in the thread but thanks for your contribution.
When you call the game a joke before you've even played it, it's clear that the specific intent is to elicit an emotional response. Just to make my point clear for you as to the difference between real criticism and trolling: if you took a person aside who was having trouble with the ladies and told them that their hair style was out of date and offered a way to improve it to make it more modern so they could score with the girls that is constructive criticism. If you took the same person aside and told them they were a joke and that's why the ladies weren't interested do you think it would elicit an emotional response?

No every post and every thread does not have to be positive. However if you are going to criticize the game at least try to give an intelligent analysis and your thoughts on how to rectify the situation without simply resorting to belittling the game and calling it a joke. I mean jeesh, why does this have to even be explained to you? It's clear from your topic and post what your intent was.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 05-09-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
When you call the game a joke before you've even played it, it's clear that the specific intent is to illicit an emotional response. Just to make my point clear for you as to the difference between real criticism and trolling: if you took a person aside who was having trouble with the ladies and told them that their hair style was out of date and offered a way to improve it to make it more modern so they could score with the girls that is constructive criticism. If you took the same person aside and told them they were a joke and that's why the ladies weren't interested do you think it would illicit an emotional response?

I mean jeesh, why does this have to even be explained to you? It's clear from your topic and post what your intent was.

Sorry, your example made me laugh.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Sorry, your example made me laugh.
LOL, yeah now that i re-read it, it is pretty funny (it's a seinfeld reference btw)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LOL, yeah now that i re-read it, it is pretty funny (it's a seinfeld reference btw)
thats the reason for the laugh.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Seinfeld was great.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Okay, ive read post about "Well everyone wanted presentation and the radioguy gone, and they did, why are you still bitching at EA?" Is there a video out yet with the new announcers? Or this "presentation" i've been hearing about? Cause, every video i have seen so far, there have been no announcers(i know the game is still a few months off) and no "presentation" upgrades.
Sure, they updated the the playcalling screen, but, when i hear "presentation" i keep thinking to broadcast on TV style presentation. Am i the only one thats concerned that the presentation aspect EA is talking about is the new playcalling screen? or a few new replay angles? I would like to see stat overlays as the players are walking to the line of scrimmage, or a big play from the offense/defense on a previous drive with the announcers talking about it. I SERIOUSLY want to buy madden so i can play as my chiefs(god help us this season) but i've been burned 3 times.
The previous years games were....and i cant put my finger on a exact reason why, boring. PS2 versions are fun and i can play them all day, but these nextgen, god, its a struggle to get through a full 5min quarter game.
When i watch the video, it looks like the same old borefest. Im going to give it sometime, and realize its a few months off, and hope the game has some atmosphere to it. I will actually read some reviews on here before i go and purchase it. Most of you guys on here have the same mentality in what they want out of a football game that i do.

Last edited by jjdogjjdog5162; 05-09-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33493.html

I don't know if you seen this video, yet, but a few things stick out presentation wise for me.

A. TV Style Starting Lineup Pictures while walking up to the LOS.
B. TV Style Stat Overlay in the Pick Play Screen
C. TV Style Stat Overlay after TD by Moss at the end.

I didn't like the player playing the Giants backing up Eli 30 yds or scrambling to the left, either.

They haven't rolled out Collingsworth and Hammond, yet as announcers. If I can play Madden with radio guy, I should be able to play with the above announcers.

Also, as reported by OS, Madden is doing a pregame and halftime show that hasn't been unwrapped to the public, yet.

So far, they are stepping in the right direction with presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »