Home

Great idea to replace the vision cone

This is a discussion on Great idea to replace the vision cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #57
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Great idea to replace the vision cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I like the creativity but I don't know how realistic this is. The primary receiver should always be available to the QB, ESPECIALLY when the play breaks down. Your system would mean most of the time Owens, Moss, Wayne, all the big time primary targets would become non-existent on broken plays.
There could be a little timer after about 5 seconds...or after he completely finishes his route and the play truly breaks down.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Alot of these ideas that won't work well because they will hinder the 2nd players ablity to play defense. Making the screen blur, receivers dissapearing etc.....
Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #59
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Alot of these ideas that won't work well because they will hinder the 2nd players ablity to play defense. Making the screen blur, receivers dissapearing etc.....
Receivers don't disappear, only the icon. The icon doesn't even have to disappear, it can simply be greyed out for the both the offense and defense to see.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #60
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

What if the 5th icon on a 4th tier QB pulsated instead of went away? It would start "off" before the play, then it would pulsate quickly... say, every 1.5 seconds (that's quick in football... average play is something like 8 seconds). That way, you could at least see it if the guy was wide open, you might just have to wait a second and a half.

Just throwing an idea out there.

Also, keep in mind that the game should be in YOUR HANDS. Which is why I don't like the no icon at all thing.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #61
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
What if the 5th icon on a 4th tier QB pulsated instead of went away? It would start "off" before the play, then it would pulsate quickly... say, every 1.5 seconds (that's quick in football... average play is something like 8 seconds). That way, you could at least see it if the guy was wide open, you might just have to wait a second and a half.

Just throwing an idea out there.

Also, keep in mind that the game should be in YOUR HANDS. Which is why I don't like the no icon at all thing.
I like that idea. You could still throw to any receiver but you would be limited on the timing window of when you can throw to non-primary receivers. This still mimics the struggle of bad QBs because they don't throw to open receivers when they are open. Very often they throw it too late after the defense has recovered.

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 06-19-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #62
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

Loved the ideas in this thread.

*I also miss first person football so i'm a little different*
Old 06-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I like that idea. You could still throw to any receiver but you would be limited on the timing window of when you can throw to non-primary receivers. This still mimics the struggle of bad QBs because they don't throw to open receivers when they are open. Very often they throw it too late after the defense has recovered.
I propose that instead of 4th tier QBs having flashing icons, maybe it could go like this:

First, a progression system would have to be added, so that players could set their QB's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th reads pre-snap. Second, a progression rating would have to be added to simulate the QB's ability to read a defense. This would prevent teams from making LT their starting QB, because he has a high AWR rating. Even on his toss/pass option plays, he basically has 2 choices, run or throw to the deep guy.

5th tier (95+ PRG):
All icons available at all times.

4th tier (85-94 PRG):
4 icons available to start, 5th receiver comes in later on (1.5 seconds in). If there are 4 receivers on the play, 3 receivers are available right away, and the 4th comes in quickly (quicker than the 5th receiver on a 5 receiver play about 1 second in). If it's a 3 receiver play, all icons are displayed.

3rd tier (75-84 PRG):
3 icons available at the start, the 4th guy comes in later, and the 5th guy flashes. When there are 4 receivers on the play, the QB starts with 2 icons, the third comes in quickly, and the 4th flashes, but stays open longer. On 3 receiver plays, the first 2 receivers are open at the start, and the 3rd comes in quickly.

2nd tier (65-74 PRG):
2 guys available at the start, 3rd guy comes in later, 4th and 5th guy flash. The 4th would stay open longer than the 5th. On 4 receiver plays, the first guy would be open at the snap, the 2nd guy would come in quickly, and the 3rd and 4th would flash similarly to the 5 receiver plays. On 3 receiver plays, the first option is available at the snap, the 2nd comes in quickly and the 3rd flashes.

1st tier (0-64 PRG):
1 guy open at the snap on 5 receiver plays, 1 guy comes in, and the 3rd, 4th and 5th guys flash. The 5th guy is basically a decoy, since he'd be open for maybe half a second. The same principle as above would dictate 4 and 3 receiver plays.

This would simulate a QB's progression, while differentiating a QB's ability to read a defense and be aware of what's directly around him (aka the pass rush).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »