Home

Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND

This is a discussion on Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #25
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Yup.

Thats what I thought!! Plus it will have no effect on online play. This is great for newbies to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Not interested in the feature, but I can turn it off. No reason to whine. Let's see what other 60 features are in the game. I want more about gameplay, franchise and presentation overhauls.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

1. Ive said it before; (as have others) time spent coding this 'feature' should have been used to address some the games bigger problems.

2. If someone never played before or theyre a "newb" are a couple of 'rewinds' really going to make a difference in the outcome of a game? please........
Old 05-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Sometimes you need to look at things from a perspective other than your own.

It's not intended for you, or me, or anyone who would be likely to be posting on a sports gaming site. The target audience is those folks who love football but find video games intimidating. It's a way of helping them learn from their mistakes, and to keep them playing instead of giving up in frustration.
I understand this isn't intended for us, but if that's the case, why put this "Timeshift" feature on Madden Mondays where mostly guys like us take notice? It's like putting steak in front of a vegetarian. The audience that they're trying to attract don't look for Madden on the web. EA should put this rewind stuff on a commercial if they wanna attract the casual gamer. Also, guys that are interested in Madden are usually football fans first. It's not like a guy that's been playing shooters all of his life is gonna say "Hmmmm, Madden has a new rewind feature. I'm gonna have to put Haze on hold."

How is this feature helping the casual gamer(CG)?

-(CG) throws an interception in the endzone.
-(CG) rewinds the play.
-(CG) throws a TD.
-Other (CG) rewinds the TD play.

As I said before in another thread, this would be a good tool for the practice mode, not in-game.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 05-19-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

You are slick E.A.

this is NOT a new features guys. they had this same feature in madden for the n64.

i believe they were called madden mulligans or something.
you were only allowed to use 3 of them on that game.

hell madden on the n64 had an arcade mode as well.
the tackles were harder sounding and you clothelined people and could power bomb players.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
LMAO!!!!....Newb though?

Tell me this....Who in their right mind would let someone rewind thier touchdown just because the opponent picked the wrong play?

come on now......your a funny dude.

I usually just stand on the sidelines but I have to say something. People here just complain to complain. This feature is clearly not made for OS or hardcore gamers. Its made for new madden gamers who are playing against the cpu and trying to learn the game. Its that simple.

People always say that EA is only about making money. And since that is the case why are people suprised about this. What do you think will make EA more money?: A feature that helps new gamers learn the game (Rewind) or features (accelarated clock and in game saves) that only the hardcore gamers (gamers who will probably buy the game anyway) will appreciate.

My guess is Rewind is the better choice from a financial sense because it will help bring in and keep new gamers.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #31
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Accellerated clock is a no brainer though. It speeds up online games and makes it more fun for even a casual gamer to fit in a quickie. So I think that may be a bad example. There is no reason not to have an accelerated clock in a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Accellerated clock is a no brainer though. It speeds up online games and makes it more fun for even a casual gamer to fit in a quickie. So I think that may be a bad example. There is no reason not to have an accelerated clock in a football game.
Actually its not. Most gamers just change the time if they want a quick game. ****, most gamers play 5 min quarters. Accellerated Clock is a feature for hardcore fans and not casuals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »