Home

Official "Thank you EA" thread.

This is a discussion on Official "Thank you EA" thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #33
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Official "Thank you EA" thread.

Poor guy...getting trampled for thanking ea for trying. I can totally agree that EA has been lazy, lackluster, misleading, etc. (the list really does go on and on). However, I do agree with the OP about the effort this year. There is much better (and seemingly more honest) information sharing from the people actually working the game over the last couple years. I'm not saying this will translate into a better game in 09, but I can say that there seems to be a conscious effort to get in touch with the fanbase. I know, I know...it's about time (or it's still not good enough, as I'm sure many will say), but at least they are doing something. It's easy to hate the "evil, faceless, corporation," and I personally don't feel the need to thank EA. I can, however, get behind the premise of what this guys trying to do.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #34
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm looking forward to Madden '09', as I believe most everyone else is. Heck...we wouldn't bother to be on this board if we weren't. No offense meant but...thank EA?...nah, I don't think we owe them that. So far I think graphically '09' looks great, and I agree they've added some good things...PIP, Action Cam, etc. For that I'm pleased.

Myself...I'm willing to give EA/TIB a chance to impress me with the coming '09' release. But I sure don't blame others for being VERY cautious of falling for the same ole hype built up. Right or wrong, I do believe the Madden game has underperformed for the NG of games. IMO...with the absolutely enormous resources EA has, thanks to "Us", I truly believe these games could/should be better.

I know for myself...back say 4 years ago, I would have certainly thought that by now the new generation of Madden games would have rendered the games of the PS2/Xbox era as just a nice fuzzy little memory. But instead...many still look backward to see a better overall game. I think that kinda says a lot. I don't believe really anyone expects the world from EA...but by this time, I think it's perfectly fair to expect Madden to not only be on par with the games of old...but to be exceeding them in most every way.

Personally...for '09', overall I like whats been added, and the video's to me look very nice. If in addition with what I've seen/read so far, if most of the bugs have been chased out, I think I'll be pretty happy with the '09' game.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #35
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

THANK YOU EA!

im looking forward to 09. especially since i dont play 08 anymore. the franchise bug killed my desire to start a franchise and after i played nba 2k8, it made madden's presentation look and feel so bland. the game itself was pretty good though (post patch).

but i do know that u guys try so i wont bash you for it. just make sure you guys get rid of any game killing franchise bugs and im good.

the features i like most are the BACKTRACK, ACTION CAM, TOTAL ANIMATION CONTROL, and THE NEW PLAYCALL WINDOW. these will increase my enjoyment much more. i cant wait to take Mcfadden and the raiders to the super bowl!!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #36
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Dude why in the world would you give "thanks" to EA before the game even hits the streets. I'm not a EA ***** nor a fan boy. I'm just a consumer who likes to get what they pay for. I have not seen that from EA with the 360 or PS3 games yet. So you should not be so quick to start thanking them for telling us they are putting 80 something new features in a game. Yeah thats great that they see they need to catch up with the times but to thank them for this is a little early. I don't see them deserving a thank you for making the game we pay $60+ for equal to the lesser PS2 or Xbox game. The only thing I see different is the graphics and that to me is not worth the difference. Dude you have to know that by posting a thread like this you will get bashed. I'm glad you fell EA deserves your thanks but they will not get one from me until they step up and do something great. I hope 09 is that and I can buy the game and enjoy it like I have since the first Madden but if it is like 08 then I will not buy it and thank EA for helping me save $60. I would hope the rest of the franchise only guys like my self would do the same. I just don't see it being great since they have spent time on Head Coach which took time away from Madden (I know they have 2 different teams but time is still taken away). If they can't get one game right how do they think they could make two football games and get both right? I see both games sucking and or not doing what they say it will do. I hope I'm wrong but the educated consumer in me says that might be the case and to expect the worse and hope for the best.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I was raggin on Baumy (in a joking way). But some of you guys are BASHING him for being grateful that EA is actully doing some things right this year. He is not saying the game is going to be AMAZING, he was just saying he is happy that they are taking the right steps forward.

I agree with baumy that atleast they are making some steps forward that have been needed for a very long time. This is coming from someone who has not bought madden in 4 years. I rented it but found nothing but arcade trash with the past games.

But they are atleast being outspoken and given us some info on what steps are being made this year and the following years to better the game.

So I am just saying Baumy is taking a bum rap here and I don't agree with it.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #38
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Any steps they are supposedly making remain to be seen. They said all this PR stuff last year and the game was just as bad as it was in other years.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #39
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Dude why in the world would you give "thanks" to EA before the game even hits the streets.
Good question... curious to see if he is still thanking EA come September.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #40
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Thanks EA, for using the same OL/DL AI since 02,
thanks for stripping down your next gen versions so you can slowly re-introduce old features as new,
thanks for letting only peoples feet touch the snow,
thanks for not using divisions in your online leagues,
thanks for nano blitzes,
thanks for the 20 step drop,
thanks for all the ESPN integration,
thanks for the ‘fan creator’,
thanks for making gameplay your third priority,
And most of all; thanks for putting out a product of such consistent quality that I haven’t had to buy a new NFL game since 04.

Last edited by yamabushi; 05-20-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »