Home

Madden preview at IGN

This is a discussion on Madden preview at IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #57
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden preview at IGN

I'm glad that the "EA BackTrack" isn't tied to the "EA Replay" because I plan on turning off the replay feature. One thing I did notice, and it's still ENTIRELY too early to tell, but in both the video and the one screenshot showing it, the BackTrack is enabled when a QB has been sacked.

I'm hoping that it'll randomly happen on incomplete passes or runs where you get stuffed at the line too. Collinsworth would pop in, telling how we could've bounced outside for a big gain or something.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #58
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't know what went on in that recording session with him but the guy can be at least serviceable

^^Now thats light years better then what was shown in this Madden clip, and if he was somewhere close to that, then he would at least be decent

Hopefully it'll get better with newer vids but I have my doubts

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-22-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 AM   #59
All Star

OVR: 21

Need to amend my earlier comments some; the video in HD looks a lot better

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #60
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

He probably sounds flat because he has to be flat, since his commentary in the game is segmented and joined together dynamically. Chris' commentary are one liner, sentences etc he prerecorded in whole. Hammond's are sound files matched together to form sentences - "Tomlinson is back in the I" etc would be two sound files matched together. Chris going on about how great Tomlinson is is one big file.

It's tricky to match unique pitch, tone, etc so the easiest way to do it is have as generic a sound as you can so it can be reproduced easily. Al may have been better in former Madden's when it comes to these aspects, but there were times where you could clearly hear the joints between sound files and that in a way is just as "robotic". It's kinda a 'pick your poison' scenario really, unless you somehow do both really well.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #61
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
And I don't understand why people still care!

Look, if you love 2k football, great! It's obvious they're trying to cater to the 2k fans but if you're never going to give the game a shot, quit checking out the forum already. You're obviously not "that" happy with 2k football if you keep visiting the Madden forum!!

It wasn't a dig on Madden, it was dig on IGN. In other games, these things get no credit but when EA finally does it, 4 years later, IGN acts like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #62
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, it looked great, the only thing is, am I the only one who dislikes the score and game info being smack dab in the top-middle of the screen???
I was thinking the same thing. I don't like it at all. Everything else is looking great though.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #63
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

needless to say, i loved the video. backtrack is very nice. cant wait for aug 12. this is gonna look sweet on my HDTV.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 8

Cosmetic wise the game looks fantastic!! The player models, field, lighting, are awesome. But, my concerns are player animation, movement, such as the QB animation (will everyone throw the same, will there be variances in throws) and RB animation (Will my man Marion Barber run like Barber? Will LT run like Lt).

This is the effort EA needs to make in order to make this game complete. Add signature player styles to the skilled positions. I need not to see everyone run the same and do the same thing like robots. Sorry to reference the other game, but that's what makes NBA 2K8 and made NFL 2K5 special!! The games have personality and you barely see the same redundant gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »