Home

If you could ask Ian just one question.....

This is a discussion on If you could ask Ian just one question..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: If you could ask Ian just one question.....

Is there pressure to cater to the Madden tournament play style, deep dropbacks, rollouts etc.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #18
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
If you could ask Ian just one question...what would it be?

My question would be...Will there come a day that the player ratings influence the game play more than the game level?
Will my opponent still be able to sprint to the sideline with tavaris jackson and make a perfect pass all the way on the opposite side OFF his back foot.

I hate that BS.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 05-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

This yr it would be is the FA Pool bug/glitch of last year fixed where there would only be one or two players or none at all at some positions?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Will my opponent still be able to sprint to the sideline with tavaris jackson and make a perfect pass all the way on the opposite side OFF his back foot.

I hate that BS.
I think everyone hates it except cheesers
Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #21
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm not sure if this is his department, but when are we going to have dynamic crowd reactions? One of the things that kind of keeps me away from Madden is the lack of NFL atmosphere.

This is something that has been consistent in every preview video. You can basically hear a pin drop in every stadium.

Listen to the different crowd reactions in both of these videos. The first one is a regular season Raiders/Steelers game from a couple years ago. Listen to the way the crowd reacts before during and after the play.

This second video is from the OSU/Purdue game from 2002. Yes it's a college game but listen to how loud the crowd gets on 4th and 1 for an undefeated OSU team on the raod at Purdue. THIS IS ATMOSPHERE AND PRESENTATION!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm not sure if this is his department, but when are we going to have dynamic crowd reactions? One of the things that kind of keeps me away from Madden is the lack of NFL atmosphere.

This is something that has been consistent in every preview video. You can basically hear a pin drop in every stadium.

Listen to the different crowd reactions in both of these videos. The first one is a regular season Raiders/Steelers game from a couple years ago. Listen to the way the crowd reacts before during and after the play.

This second video is from the OSU/Purdue game from 2002. Yes it's a college game but listen to how loud the crowd gets on 4th and 1 for an undefeated OSU team on the raod at Purdue. THIS IS ATMOSPHERE AND PRESENTATION!

You got that right, one of the things I do when I get an EA football game to help with this issue is turn down all volume sliders to about 30% and then jack the crowd to 100%. That helps some for volume but you'll never see the dynamic and dramatic rise and fall of the crowd like in that Holy Buckey Video above which is unfortunate since it's a big part of what makes sports so exciting to a lot of us.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

If he was allowed to answer I would ask:

What exactly are the rules when designing Soldier Field for the madden game? I just played 2k5 the other day..and it looks exactly like Madden 08 on the 360.

Im just curious if the Bears give them the stadium and tell them they cant change it. I would have a field day posting images if EA had the rights to replicate the stadium haha
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #24
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Is Franchise playable this year? Will the teams have enought punters to sign 3-5 years down the road? last year the franchise would just freeze because there were not enough to fill out each team.

I remember reading that EA couldn't reproduce the issue in house, so I was wondering if the issue was ever adressed in a meaningful way (meaning tested and fixed?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »