Home

The picture taking has to be toned down.

This is a discussion on The picture taking has to be toned down. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The picture taking has to be toned down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75
100% agree!!!

EA please remove the flashes from day games. And tone it way down for night games.

The only time you should see lots of flashes is at Kickoff and maybe the last play of the game when winning team is sitting on the ball.

And yes you should never see flashes when the visiting team does something good!!
I disagree with the last statement (although pretty much the rest is spot on). Night games have fans from both sides snapping pictures so the visiting team might have a fair amount of shots taken in big moments (in playoff games in particular, obviously). Plus, teams that aren't so good playing at home against a team like the Patriots, Colts, or Cowboys will have a good amount of fans snapping shots of the "big boys." Anyway, the overall point is the same, the camera flashes need tuned in the game. Glad to hear Ian and co. recognize this.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

I have been to multiple nfl football games during the day I can't remember one time where i saw camera flashes on the other side of of the stadium.

I'd rather see closeup cutscenes of the fans, and various atmosphere throughout the stadium.
I'd also like to see better crowd reactions and sounds. In past maddens

I've always jacked up the crowd noise to try to make the atmosphere more intense, it never worked.

To me it seems the camera flashed a bad attempt by EA to add excitement and atmosphere to games.

I however have noticed camera flashes during the kickoffs of playoff games and a noticeable amount during the super bowl.

Are there any fan cut scenes. I remember Nfl2k5 had some really cool fan atmosphere.

They need to get rid of the weak cuts to the scoreboard aswell.

Last edited by maddenps2; 05-31-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

lol. They havent toned **** down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Madden is messed up they just do their own thing because those guys think they know far more than us and don't care what us fans really want. They put it stupid gimmick stuff while leaving out the things that would make the game great. Oh well, come over to the Head Coach Board where the designers do care about our opinions and actually have their own that make sense and contribute to a great game instead of "camera flashes" and "mulligans"
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Madden is messed up they just do their own thing because those guys think they know far more than us and don't care what us fans really want. They put it stupid gimmick stuff while leaving out the things that would make the game great. Oh well, come over to the Head Coach Board where the designers do care about our opinions and actually have their own that make sense and contribute to a great game instead of "camera flashes" and "mulligans"
If they didn't care they wouldn't be here interacting with us.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If they didn't care they wouldn't be here interacting with us.
I understand the new group is far better, and your right they are here I am just so horribly frustrated with the Madden Franchise. They have done some good things in next gen and I really enjoyed the 1st Madden on 360, I just feel Royally Ripped off when I play NFL 2K5 that IMO should have set the standard for NFL games and presentation 4 years ago and then play Madden I just don't get it. Madden has next gen, they have the money, this game should be so much better is sickening. I hope this new group can change this and maybe by "next year" which is a common phrase with the Madden Developers they can at least equal NFL 2K5 in the presentation, innovation and fun department.

I am very excited for Head Coach as these guys have done more in one season with Franchise and realism then Madden has done in the past several years.

No more gimmicks, just give me realistic NFL Football on and off-season. Which is just as fun for an NFL fan as the regular season.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I think pasta said he told them to tone it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Mauler97,

I'm glad you are excited about Head Coach. It is a great experience.

I did want to point out an inaccuracy with one of your statements however. NFL Head Coach has been in development for a couple of years, not one season as you indicated.

I also 100% agree with your assessment of 'no more gimmicks'.

Phil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »