Home

If you could pick one thing to be fixed/enhanced/added in Madden 2010, it would be?

This is a discussion on If you could pick one thing to be fixed/enhanced/added in Madden 2010, it would be? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If you could choose one thing to be fixed/enhanced/added to Madden 2010 it would be?
Online Franchise Mode 0 0%
OL/DL Interaction 27 45.00%
WR/DB Interaction 4 6.67%
Presentation/Atmosphere 15 25.00%
Franchise Mode Offline 13 21.67%
Other 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: If you could pick one thing to be fixed/enhanced/added in Madden 2010, it would b

Considering the debacle that the franchise has been and the sagging sales, EA shouldnt be stringing people along like this. The series has been an embarrassment and the posterchild for how exclusive licenses are bad for consumers. And after last year youd think theyd put new ideas and improvements into this years game. I guess working 3 months on a patch makes them feel like they have an excuse. Tell that to people when theyre charging them $65 to play their crap on increasingly expensive machines.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: If you could pick one thing to be fixed/enhanced/added in Madden 2010, it would b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Considering the debacle that the franchise has been and the sagging sales, EA shouldnt be stringing people along like this. The series has been an embarrassment and the posterchild for how exclusive licenses are bad for consumers. And after last year youd think theyd put new ideas and improvements into this years game. I guess working 3 months on a patch makes them feel like they have an excuse. Tell that to people when theyre charging them $65 to play their crap on increasingly expensive machines.
I guess this goes under the other category.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-31-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I agree about OL/DL interaction AND DB/WR interaction. Both need fixed badly. As a certified franchise monkey, however, I voted offline franchise. It used to be the staple of the Madden series and it's badly in need of some love. I'm glad they've attempted to tweak the problems with it, but i want to also see it fleshed out now. Full rosters (w/ practice squads, PUP, position battles, etc.) Franchise specific presentation (season/career stats mentioned, news updates-even an updated Tony Bruno Show would be a good start, more dynamic player personalities, etc). Expansion mode and relocation based on performance/revenue/popularity. Detailed owner management (not just tracking hot dog prices...). Full coaching Staffs...with applicable and impactful ratings...I could go on an on. I know NFL Head Coach is supposed to be all that Madden Franchise isn't, but I'd like to be able to at least see a base level of all those things in madden football. So I can translate what I do off the field into how I play on the field. Sorry for rambling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I guess this goes under the other category.

No, because they should be maxing out on 09. Did I mention that next gen Madden has been a disgrace?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
No, because they should be maxing out on 09. Did I mention that next gen Madden has been a disgrace?
yes you have at every opportunity that you've been given and then some. We get your frustration with the series and where its been. But now, Ian/EA is reaching out to the community to gather feedback and suggestions on how to improve the game. So instead of going off on rants such as these, how about offering up some suggestions on what you'd like to see fixed/enhanced/ or added.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
From everything I've read and seen, they've made huge improvements to the game over previous next gen iterations. I'm glad to see they are trying to build a real foundation to improve upon. I'm not saying they didn't drop the ball, but at least they seem to have finally picked it up and tried to do something with it.

As for sagging sales, I think this is a grossly overstated point. Yes, sales have been down, but they are far from hurting. They do just fine because there are many Madden faithful who love the series just because it's Madden. If they can tailor aspects to the more hardcore fans as well, they'll only increase sales. I think sometimes those of us on these types of forums live in a bubble of sorts. There are far more people that enjoy Madden for what it is. Obviously, exclusive licensing (particularly with sports game) are not good for consumers, but that's a moot point. It's not going anywhere, so we might as well provide as much constructive feedback (now that they are listening) to help them make a game we can all enjoy.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I second the above poster on the need to make OL/DL interaction and WR/DB interaction dual foci for next year. Those two things jumped off the screen at me when I first popped in the other game, and I would love to see them implemented as well or better in future iterations of Madden because these little games within the game are what make the on-field experience what it is. I can see from the recent videos that tackling has received a major and highly productive overhaul, and that's a huge step in the right direction. These are the next necessary steps IMO.

Right now it feels like the WR are running routes on air, but in the other game, they seem to really be on the ground, working in and out of cuts with the proper momentum, body lean, etc. This has all kinds of consequences for the passing game--you have to throw at the right point in the route, not each player is good at every route because of the necessary speed/agility, et. Also, you have to account for things like talented press coverage DBs, who can actually knock your receiver to the ground or throw him severely off balance instead of awkwardly standing in his way.

The pocket is just plain necessary, though I understand that it's not as simple to do as to say. Like the WR seem to run on air and don't seem to fully engage either the ground or the defender, the OL/DL seem to slide and run around each other rather than engage (LBZ has just posted some really helpful videos on this topic), and this detracts not just from the fun of playing with DL, but also from the experience of the passing game, which should necessitate the ability to read the rush and move in the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

ok, in an attempt to get this thread back to its original purpose....

Out of 10 votes, OL/DL Interaction has 5 of them. Not surprising, given all the discussion about it.

Next is offline franchise with 3 votes followed by presentation/atmosphere with 2 votes.

Online franchise, WR/DB interaction, and other are still at zero, but its early.

And that was a wrap up of the votes to keep this thread on track with its original purpose.

More updates to come as needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »