Home

Do draft class players become slower again this year?

This is a discussion on Do draft class players become slower again this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Do draft class players become slower again this year?

This was one of the many problems with the game last year. When youd import draft classes, players that had 95 speed in NCAA would have an 88 speed in Madden. This is dumb. Players dont get slower when they go to the NFL. Their speed is somewhat negated by the fact that there are other players who are also fast. This was a glaring shortcoming last year that may not have been important to some, it was a clear indication of how poorly thought out Madden was in implementation and execution of features. Its pervasive. When you see stuff like this you can bet there are othe glaring problems because of the lack of thought. Anyway, Id like to know if this has been fixed in 2009. Has anyone seen anything on this? Does Ian know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do draft class players become slower again this year?

good ?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigsexy9
good ?
We don't know yet, this isn't Ian's department.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
This was one of the many problems with the game last year. When youd import draft classes, players that had 95 speed in NCAA would have an 88 speed in Madden. This is dumb. Players dont get slower when they go to the NFL. Their speed is somewhat negated by the fact that there are other players who are also fast. This was a glaring shortcoming last year that may not have been important to some, it was a clear indication of how poorly thought out Madden was in implementation and execution of features. Its pervasive. When you see stuff like this you can bet there are othe glaring problems because of the lack of thought. Anyway, Id like to know if this has been fixed in 2009. Has anyone seen anything on this? Does Ian know?
Using that logic, next year Tim Tebow will be rated overall 99 in Madden 2010.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't understand what your problem here is. The college game isn't as fast as the NFL. Therfore, someone with 99 speed in Madden, should be faster than someone with 99 speed in NCAA. That makes perfect sense for EA to do that. Although, if they have 99 speed, I don't want them dropping to a 90 or something, maybe a 97.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcarracer2552
I don't understand what your problem here is. The college game isn't as fast as the NFL. Therfore, someone with 99 speed in Madden, should be faster than someone with 99 speed in NCAA. That makes perfect sense for EA to do that. Although, if they have 99 speed, I don't want them dropping to a 90 or something, maybe a 97.
Seconded.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcarracer2552
Exactly - the ratings are relative to the game involved. A DT in NCAA with 99 strength doesn't come into the NFL and throw people around.
A NCAA WR that runs a 4.4 may be a 99, but in the NFL there are other guys that run that fast, and maybe a handful that run faster.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think both sides to the argument carry weight. Look at a guy like Devin Hester during his rookie season. The guy can flat out fly and is an example of a rookie (2 years ago) coming into the NFL that should have 99 speed from the get go. So if he has 99 speed in college, just because the college game is slower overall, doesn't mean he should drop to a 97 or whatever because he's still one of the fastest players in the NFL right from the first game he plays.

I agree that it needs to be tweaked a little how these players are imported and like boxcarracer2552 said, if he does have to have a ratings drop in speed, it should only be to a 97, not a 90 or lower. After all, if he's got 97 speed, all it takes is a couple 40 yard dashes during the pre-season to boost him up to a 99 before the season even begins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »