Home

Madden 09 Controls Thread, Suggestions

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Controls Thread, Suggestions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #17
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden 09 Controls Thread, Suggestions

Quote:
The "small jukes" can all be accomplished on the Left-Stick...they are basically quick plants just like the old PS2 moves were. Also, this year with the juke steering, you can hit the r-stick juke and fine tune it's direction as it plays back so you really aren't out of control at all ever.

We will probably never do tapping for speed under my watch...sorry. It doesn't make sense to me, and it leads to really jerky animations too (since every frame they are slowing down and waiting for input to speed back up again). What we'd probably try before that would be no sprint button and more contextual speed adjustments (a la NHL). I even messed around with it this year and it wasn't all that good so I took it out.

If we removed sprint, then that means R-trigger comes free. Then we could move lateral to A and then have L-trigger and R-trigger as stiff-Arm left/right like you suggest. I kinda dig that.

I've said this before - we know holding X / A to sprint is tough to go away from, but honestly using the trigger is just a way better approach. It opens up all the face buttons to hit easily as well as the right analog...not to mention basically every other sports game has RT as sprint.
I can most def co-sign on this I think their current system is just fine.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Off topic Ian, I asked you this in a previous thread, how are you liking O.S.? There seems like there has been a lot of positive things coming from our forum, but is there some where you are frequenting more? We feel like we are the mature sports site, but personally I want people to unify wherever we can be heard.

Thanks,
Cdon
OS has become my premier location for community interaction. Which is crazy because 2+ years ago I used to steer WAY clear of this site because of what seemed to be a really heavy 2k bias / EA hatefest. I have been very impressed with a) the amount of great knowledge and b) the maturity so far. It's been great...no complaints!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #19
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
OS has become my premier location for community interaction. Which is crazy because 2+ years ago I used to steer WAY clear of this site because of what seemed to be a really heavy 2k bias / EA hatefest. I have been very impressed with a) the amount of great knowledge and b) the maturity so far. It's been great...no complaints!
Well, I think I can speak for the vast majority here - we are damn glad to have you....
Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
We will probably never do tapping for speed under my watch...sorry. It doesn't make sense to me, and it leads to really jerky animations too (since every frame they are slowing down and waiting for input to speed back up again).

Thank God, that's one huge thing I hated about the other football game was the tapping for speed burst.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Yeah for a while there I think me and a couple of others were doing all the defending of EA. But I'm used to playing "Devil's advocate". IMO it's infinitely more interesting than being a sheep, although that is the term ironically that I was called most often - EA Sheep. Baaaaa..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #22
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Good to hear that you are being well received here. I am also glad that I am in the right place lol, although I love O.S., I didn't know if you guys would turn up much because it is not a Madden dedicated forum, but I do believe this community is the best place for feedback and maturity among posts. Most of the members here are adults and that is half of the battle lol.

I think that I speak for most of the community that at this point, we really do not care about which company gives us a great product, as long as the product is great. As I am sure you may know, many of us just want an enjoyable simulation of football and that's all we're asking. You coming to the forums seems to be moving us closer to that goal.

If EA can get Madden where it needs to be, then much of that negativity will die down. Thanks again for giving us a chance and let's hope the results will be fruitful for all involved!

Cdon
Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #23
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

The only thing I like about tapping a button is it actually feels like you are earning something..Like to break away, you needed to tap it-otherwise you would get cought.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
The only thing I like about tapping a button is it actually feels like you are earning something..Like to break away, you needed to tap it-otherwise you would get cought.

I don't mind tapping to break a tackle but not just to use speed burst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »