Home

Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

This is a discussion on Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

Excellent write-up.

With most everything we're reading/seeing, it should be a great year for the Madden game. I don't want to wish my summer away...but I'm really looking forward to Aug 12!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #18
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Do you know anything about the franchise mode??
Second this question.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:42 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Second this question.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll finally hear something.

Once again, if they'd let Head Coach spawn games and be played in Madden, they could leave Franchise out. It's an extra wad o' cash, but I'll do it to have a franchise mode that deep and be able to control the game on the field.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Good analysis and impressions.

Madden's looking good.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I asked this in the other impressions thread, but I'll ask it here as well:

When you got hands on time with Madden, were you guys always playing each other, or did you ever play against the cpu?

The reason I ask is because I'm curious if you've ever seen the cpu QB attempt to throw deep passes on you at all. Like, even once or twice. That's my one "obsession" right now, and I'm interested to see what you guys saw in this regard.
I played mainly head-to-head games (there were about 20 guys at the event and only 7 XB360's and 2 PS3's available to use, so there was not a lot of time to have a console to yourself to play against the CPU).

I'm not sure what you would be looking for here...is 1-2 "deep" balls a game "adequate"? Are you looking for the game to throw deep balls on every possession like some of the deranged lunatics people encounter in online games? A happy medium? The other thing to clarify is what exactly is a "deep ball" in your mind? Is it a 17-20 yd. Dig route? Does it have to be a 40-50 yd. fly route or post?

I cannot really answer from my experience with head-to-head play, but if you can clarify the question a bit, I will try to get someone from EA to provide an answer. Just need to be more specific I'm afraid...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Do you know anything about the franchise mode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Second this question.
Guys - there should be an EA Blog about Franchise Mode posted soon. I hope that they will be able to answer your questions better than I can because I did not get into Franchise Mode at the Community Event. I find that playing a lengthy, single player experience is hard to do with limited time and limited consoles available.

We did get to see the new Head Coach title, and while I am not a "Franchise Mode" expert by any means, I would say the depth of options and choices available in Head Coach will likely far outshine the Madden Franchise options. For guys who really enjoy Madden only for the franchise options, then I think Head Coach is really being made for you...the way the game was presented to us at the Community Event was "Franchise Mode on Steroids" as the goal of the team making that game...I hope they succeeded because it looks like they put a whole lot of work into making that game specifically for the Franchise Mode fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Great Write-Up!!!
One Question, I have not heard anything said about the challenging of plays this year. Is it the same as years past or does it work better now?
Thanks
I am not sure what the problem was with last year's challenges...yes, challenges are in the game, but I did not see any glaring problems with them. You can challenge everything that you could in last year's game (in- or out-of-bounds, spot of the ball, TD or not), so I know that is still in the game...
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #23
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Guys - there should be an EA Blog about Franchise Mode posted soon. I hope that they will be able to answer your questions better than I can because I did not get into Franchise Mode at the Community Event. I find that playing a lengthy, single player experience is hard to do with limited time and limited consoles available.

We did get to see the new Head Coach title, and while I am not a "Franchise Mode" expert by any means, I would say the depth of options and choices available in Head Coach will likely far outshine the Madden Franchise options. For guys who really enjoy Madden only for the franchise options, then I think Head Coach is really being made for you...the way the game was presented to us at the Community Event was "Franchise Mode on Steroids" as the goal of the team making that game...I hope they succeeded because it looks like they put a whole lot of work into making that game specifically for the Franchise Mode fans...

I am not sure what the problem was with last year's challenges...yes, challenges are in the game, but I did not see any glaring problems with them. You can challenge everything that you could in last year's game (in- or out-of-bounds, spot of the ball, TD or not), so I know that is still in the game...

Yeah it is franchise mode on steroids but I can't play the games so that wouldn't benenfit me.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #24
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Yeah it is franchise mode on steroids but I can't play the games so that wouldn't benenfit me.
Yeah, I'm kind of in this same boat. At the end of the day, I still want to play with my team out there on the field after I set them up just the way I want them, not give them commands and pray they do it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »