Home

Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

This is a discussion on Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

How is the default Camera view and camera view while playing? I'm furious that they again left out user adjustable camera's and freaking hate last years default and only view which was to far away from the action to to over head for my liking.

Has anyone pulled any of the devs aside and told them that User adjustable camera angles are a BIG deal and being stuck in what is essentially blimp mode is no fun.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
How is the default Camera view and camera view while playing? I'm furious that they again left out user adjustable camera's and freaking hate last years default and only view which was to far away from the action to to over head for my liking.

Has anyone pulled any of the devs aside and told them that User adjustable camera angles are a BIG deal and being stuck in what is essentially blimp mode is no fun.
If the last couple year's default camera view is too far away for you then you are going to loathe the new dynamic passing camera for sure. It pulls back farther (in some cases MUCH farther from the action) to allow the user to see all of his on-field eligible receivers...if they run streaks, the camera pulls back father than before.

We have told people about the camera angles for years...here's the truth though...as long as there are gameplay and stylistic elements that need to be improved, it will remain a low priority item...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is pretty much the default EA position on the camera angles.

=================================================

* an aside to anyone who believes EA's Madden sales are hurting...in the Tiburon offices they have plaques of the past Madden releases that include the # of time Platnium (1,000,000 units sold) the individual releases have gone. It amy surprise some to know that I saw the following:

Madden NFL 2003 - 3 million
Madden NFL 2004 - 4 million
Madden NFL 2005 - 5 million

*which btw was during the so called "competition" (should be called an "execution") with VC/2K

Madden NFL 2006 - 6 million
Madden NFL 2007 - 7 million

There was no plaque on THAT wall for Madden NFL 2008, but from what I recall it too sold in the 6-7 million range. Slowing or plateauing sales is a far cry from "Plummetting sales".

I merely point that out to say that while many of the hardcore fans (myself included) may not LIKE the marketing based decisions EA has made in how they develop and release Madden, our displeasure is OBVIOUSLY not having a significant financial impact - ie. for all the wastes of internet bandwidth, like Yves, who like to bitch and make themselves look like the internet equivalent of OS' very own villiage idiot, the sales impacts have been either very positive or neutral for 5 years running.

If you walk into a business meeting and the best argument you can make to the people who sign the checks is passionate yet backed by no hard sales data or profit potential, you have a VERY small chance of getting everything YOU want. I may be the most passionate guy in the world for something, but if I am asking for money to achieve that goal, I need either someone with deep pockets and no aversion to potential loss (won't find many of THEM in corporate management) or someone who is willing to finance my vision over the advice of say a marketing group with a 5-year track record of successful sales to fall back on - good luck finding THAT person too!).

Bottom line is that while no one can please EVERYONE, EA has clearly pleased enough people to increase their sales. If YOU are so displeased with your purcahse, I once again encourage you to do everyone a favor (us, yourself, EA) - DO NOT BUY THE DAMN GAME AND QUIT WRITING ABOUT IT IN FORUMS THAT FOCUS ON THE GAME!!! If you seek to change the world, then first change yourself! Rehashing the same old recrimminations and questions helps NO ONE.

I understand being irate about the lack of faster progress, but approaching the issues with no regard for potential solutions is a clear indication of someone with a narrow or age-limited world view and little to nothing of consequence to add.

Last edited by Moostache; 06-02-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
If by quick audibles you mean formation specific audibles ("audible" button + right stick up-down-left-or-right) then teh answer is "yes, that is in the game." If you mean something else the answer is either "no" or "I am not sure"....
I'm pretty sure he means the ability to change custom audibles on the play call screen (i.e. w/o pausing the game), usually by pressing the play's button + a bumper or trigger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
If the last couple year's default camera view is too far away for you then you are going to loathe the new dynamic passing camera for sure. It pulls back farther (in some cases MUCH farther from the action) to allow the user to see all of his on-field eligible receivers...if they run streaks, the camera pulls back father than before.

We have told people about the camera angles for years...here's the truth though...as long as there are gameplay and stylistic elements that need to be improved, it will remain a low priority item...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is pretty much the default EA position on the camera angles.
Thanx for the info, I think it's pretty horrible that they don't think it's a big deal to be the only sports games out there that has no user adjustable camera or even ANY adjustable camera views.

I mean honestly how you view the game when playing it is the absolutely most important thing about any video game.

Do they honestly think in NEXT gaming we should be stuck at the mercy of the devs when it comes to the basics like how we view the game when we are playing it?

Don't they also see how much of a tease it is to see all these up close screenshots being posted and up close replay's that we could never see while actually playing the game?

It's freakin sad since they hold all the cards when it comes to an NFL game. Rest assured I will not be buying a version of Madden until they do something about the default Blimp view they force us to play in.

This is NEXT gen I should not HAVE to play the game so far away from the action.

Don't they understand you do not have to ZOOM out a million miles to see your WR's. If the view was adjusted more to how the QB see's the field you could see your WR's and still be close to the action.

What I really don't understand is the fact user adjustable camera angles were actually in 2007 but then yanked out of 2008 and now 2009.

Seems it is more work to remove features already in place.

Last edited by swanlee; 06-02-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #37
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Thanx for the info, I think it's pretty horrible that they don't think it's a big deal to be the only sports games out there that has no user adjustable camera or even ANY adjustable camera views.

I mean honestly how you view the game when playing it is the absolutely most important thing about any video game.

Do they honestly think in NEXT gaming we should be stuck at the mercy of the devs when it comes to the basics like how we view the game when we are playing it?

Don't they also see how much of a tease it is to see all these up close screenshots being posted and up close replay's that we could never see while actually playing the game?

It's freakin sad since they hold all the cards when it comes to an NFL game. Rest assured I will not be buying a version of Madden until they do something about the default Blimp view they force us to play in.

This is NEXT gen I should not HAVE to play the game so far away from the action.

Don't they understand you do not have to ZOOM out a million miles to see your WR's. If the view was adjusted more to how the QB see's the field you could see your WR's and still be close to the action.

What I really don't understand is the fact user adjustable camera angles were actually in 2007 but then yanked out of 2008 and now 2009.

Seems it is more work to remove features already in place.
Wow. Bad day? Bad news bro. There won't be alternate camera angles this year. So since you aren't buying the game, put it on the wishlist for next year and we will see you then. Peace

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Wow. Bad day? Bad news bro. There won't be alternate camera angles this year. So since you aren't buying the game, put it on the wishlist for next year and we will see you then. Peace

I'm not trying to be a troll or spam the board. I love NFL video games and want to see constant improvements to the Madden series since that is the only choice we have to play an NFL game.

But why should I disappear till next year? If the devs that post on this board aren't aware how an important issue this is they will never do anything about it.

Being quiet about this deal breaker feature certainly didn't solve anything for the last two years.

I just can't fathom how it's been accepted, when EA releases all these up close screen shots and up close replay videos to show off the game, then you get home and actually play the game and your team looks like a bunch of ants running around.

Why has this not been more of an issue before? Doesn't anyone else feel a little jipped by being stuck in a default view that more resembles blimp mode than real football?

Last edited by swanlee; 06-02-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #39
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a troll or spam the board. I love NFL video games and want to see constant improvements to the Madden series since that is the only choice we have to play an NFL game.

But why should I disappear till next year? If the devs that post on this board aren't aware how an important issue this is they will never do anything about it.

Being quiet about this deal breaker feature certainly didn't solve anything for the last two years.
Your right but there is a difference between constructive and destructive criticism. Which one do you think your utilizing?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

I just can't fathom how it's been accepted, when EA releases all these up close screen shots and up close reply videos to show off the game, then you get home and actually play the game and your team looks like a bunch of ants running around.

Why has this not been more of an issue before?
I can assure you, through first hand knowledge that the Tiburon team is aware of the request for more camera angles. In their list of priorities for the game its not very high. They want to tackle other areas first before they delve into the camera system.

I know this isn't what you want to hear,but it is a fact. So you coming in here with a confrontational tone addressing the developers will get absolutely nothing accomplished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »