Home

RUNNING and SPRINTING differences in the Madden 09?

This is a discussion on RUNNING and SPRINTING differences in the Madden 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
RUNNING and SPRINTING differences in the Madden 09?

One thing that I still dont think Madden or 2K ever got right was the way in which the players sprinting and running animations were captured and more importantly unique to the different positions.

While NFL Fever wasnt a great game ( altho it was addictively fun ) the one thing that they were on the right track on was having Receivers and Running Back animations different rather than just carbon copying the same animation.

In the NFL, WRs have more of a sprinting high legged prance when they run down the sidelines...and they even sometimes hold the ball differently at times. While a RB has more of a grinding motor sprint to them. These are just generalizations based on positions to get my point across. Of course, each player is different. But in FEVER they did a really good job of distinguising the running and sprinting animations of the different positions to make it more realistic (sometimes over the top tho )

I was wondering if Madden 09....explored any of those subtle differences this year?

Also, will there be USER CUSTOMIZEABLE CAMERAS in 09 or at least MORE than 1 camera angle? ( I havent read many of the other posts...sorry if this is an obvious question)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: RUNNING and SPRINTING differences in the Madden 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
While NFL Fever wasnt a great game ( altho it was addictively fun )

It was really fun, but not a great game? Isn't the point of playing games to have fun? I mean I can see what you mean... the graphics weren't up to par or whatever, but if you're having fun with it, who cares?

Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: RUNNING and SPRINTING differences in the Madden 09?

Let me rephrase that....It was fun but wasnt a deep representation of football strategy or Franchise options. I enjoyed it but only as an alternative to the 2K and Madden series. It never really developed into the series I was hoping it would and they pulled the plug on it after Fever 2004. I thought they were making good progress.

In regards to Madden 09, are there going to be user customizeable cameras or just multiple pre set cameras that we can choose?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »