Home

A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09

This is a discussion on A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
I don't really follow how giving our opinion and what we want to see in a game we all have the potential to purchase, and since the exclusive licence, the only game we can purchase of the NFL for our modern console...warrants that any of us who are fed up with the lack of camerra view have to "hush down" because you feel that some of our quibs have a touch of nonsense to them. This is an opinionated post is it not?

I am sorry if I have crossed the line of maturity in some of my posts...but 4 years on blantant disregard for this most important option, does I think warrant any opinionated retort for those almighty eyes at EA. I don't think my trashman is to concerned with my opinion on this subject. I think EA should be the direct target of these, dare I say harmless lashings.

For those who say the camera is zoomed in this year, I say, have a blast. Enjoy. Glad you like what you are getting. Don't tread on the others who have had enough of this one view system of verticle football. Madden 2004 on the original xbox had what 6 views / cameras???? Are you kidding me! So they added a gimmick to scroll the screen to a slight angle to see WR's? GIVE US A FULL DEMO / TV Style presentation camera. Give us Sideline View. Give us Zoomed in Classic. Give us the ability to to watch from the press box. The bathrooms, the food stands, the endzione.

Again, glad the ones that are appeased are happy with their one view. The countless others will have to wait again, another year....for even the chance to have a real option at playing this once great franchise in the way they want. Good work EA.
I kind of felt this way a page ago but when you repeat yourself over and over and thrown unneccessarily throw jabs at EA your defeating the purpose of this thread. No one likes to listen to a nagging wife, I just feel you guys kind of overstated a lot of things such as the blimp mode comment, and could have been more constructive with your comments
Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
No, I don't want a close-up view. I liked the madden-classic view or wide cam from last gen games that gave you a good view of the field. I don't worry about seeing the graphics up-close I want to know where my wr's and db's are located in relation to the ball. Last years game I couldn't see enough on my 4:3 Television.
now im confused, this years camera accomplishes everything you mentioned, all you have to do is look at the ravens chargers vids and you could see that. I personally am I fan of the camera and how it catches the sidelines and turns on an axis once you roll out.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I don't really follow how giving our opinion and what we want to see in a game we all have the potential to purchase, and since the exclusive licence, the only game we can purchase of the NFL for our modern console...warrants that any of us who are fed up with the lack of camerra view have to "hush down" because you feel that some of our quibs have a touch of nonsense to them. This is an opinionated post is it not?

I am sorry if I have crossed the line of maturity in some of my posts...but 4 years on blantant disregard for this most important option, does I think warrant any opinionated retort for those almighty eyes at EA. I don't think my trashman is to concerned with my opinion on this subject. I think EA should be the direct target of these, dare I say harmless lashings.

For those who say the camera is zoomed in this year, I say, have a blast. Enjoy. Glad you like what you are getting. Don't tread on the others who have had enough of this one view system of verticle football. Madden 2004 on the original xbox had what 6 views / cameras???? Are you kidding me! So they added a gimmick to scroll the screen to a slight angle to see WR's? GIVE US A FULL DEMO / TV Style presentation camera. Give us Sideline View. Give us Zoomed in Classic. Give us the ability to to watch from the press box. The bathrooms, the food stands, the endzione.

Again, glad the ones that are appeased are happy with their one view. The countless others will have to wait again, another year....for even the chance to have a real option at playing this once great franchise in the way they want. Good work EA.
I never said that you had to "hush down" or anything along those lines. I just stated, that there are better ways to get what you want instead posting things such as "Lets burn this f'er down" or whatever it was.

Also, I would also like more camera angles or an adjustable camera view. All the camera angles you mentioned, other than bathrooms and foodstands, I like. The more options the better.

And yes, this is an opinion thread and an opinion based forum. You are and should be allowed to voice your concerns over things that you dislike. With that said, is there really a need to go over the top and post some of the things that have been posted in this thread? Like I said, I like to think that OS is above that nonsense.

Again, I agree that there should be more camera angles available to the user. And I agree that its frustrating that we are 4 years in on the 360 and 3 in on the PS3 but we still can only choose between two default camera angles. But again, with that said, there are better ways and more civil ways of getting your point across than attacking the developer. Whether you feel its warranted or not, the likelihood that someone from EA is going to respond to a thread that is "littered" like this is, in my opinion, slim and none.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 11

What I don't get is the protective nature of your post towards EA? Are they not the one who is need to hear the complaints? Need to hear what maybe some of their customer base deems and wants out of their product.

I hear you all on the over the top. Don't think I went over the top, but thats where we can differ. Don't think or expect any one from EA to answer me or give me a retort, but its nice to see this issue finally being laid out...and some anger for that lack of option in this area of the game. Maybe some one will catch it, read it...do something about it. I give it a 1% chance, shoot maybe less.

We don't need to coddle EA. We need to tell them what we expect. Whether they listen or not, is their choice. Ulitmately their desicion will lead to my choice and many others on our desicion on buying their product. Obviously bark has not been loud enough for the past 4 year. People went ape-poop over presentation and just poor game quality last year. Looks like they listened. Sometimes, it takes a little more bark to evoke change, but I humble repect your opinions.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
What I don't get is the protective nature of your post towards EA? Are they not the one who is need to hear the complaints? Need to hear what maybe some of their customer base deems and wants out of their product.

I hear you all on the over the top. Don't think I went over the top, but thats where we can differ. Don't think or expect any one from EA to answer me or give me a retort, but its nice to see this issue finally being laid out...and some anger for that lack of option in this area of the game. Maybe some one will catch it, read it...do something about it. I give it a 1% chance, shoot maybe less.

We don't need to coddle EA. We need to tell them what we expect. Whether they listen or not, is their choice. Ulitmately their desicion will lead to my choice and many others on our desicion on buying their product. Obviously bark has not been loud enough for the past 4 year. People went ape-poop over presentation and just poor game quality last year. Looks like they listened. Sometimes, it takes a little more bark to evoke change, but I humble repect your opinions.
After the last 3 weeks with uniform issues, the LBZrule breakthrough and other resolved issues I dont know how you could say that. This wont be in this years b/c its just too late but if the tone of everyone in this thread (not singling you out) was not so hostile your results may get achieved a lot quicker. Thats kind of my big ? realistically you know it wont be in 09, do we then need 5 pages of rant especially with a new camera which has the thumbs up of those who played with it? Ian already stated he tried to avoid OS way back b/c he felt it was location of EA bashing, now that he is here and being active and trying his best to resolve issues this is not the time to bitch and moan but its the time to let go of the past and move on from here. No matter how many angles are in 09 or 2010 you cant change the past. I just feel this new EA has a more positive approach hence the EA protecting by guys like me

Last edited by a4reak; 06-03-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

More cryin. lmao
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Yes, I am protecting EA. Its my job to keep them from listening to any and all negative feedback in the forums.

You know what, keep doing what your doing man. And you are wanting EA to do something for you but instead of offering up dialogue that is an "open line for communication", the dialogue in this thread is mostly negative, hostile, and aggressive.

What I don't get is this. There is a Q&A thread stickied at the top of the forum. You could easily ask Ian to explain their reasoning behind not having more camera options this year and get the answer to your questions/plea, but instead there is this lengthy thread that is full of nothing but attacks against EA, hostile dialogue and negative chemistry. Don't fault Ian for not jumping at the opportunity to come in and answer you pleas in this thread. I mean, lets face it, even if Ian comes in here and gives answers, they aren't going to be good enough and most likely be deemed, "typical" developer answers, so why should he bother? You guys have already made up your mind as to why there are no more camera options, so why should he try to tell you anything different?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
So everyone is aware the new camera is closer then the last one correct? Im not sure if I follow the its too far away from the field comments
I just hope it's not like the first next-gen game where you'd be right up in your QB's @ss before every snap. What a nightmare. I think that game is the least i've played Madden ever since I begun playing it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »