Home

Reggie Bush in 09?

This is a discussion on Reggie Bush in 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Reggie Bush in 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Fine b/c I will, I was the biggest Bush fan in college and wanted the Jets desperately to find a way to get him. Since joining the league he has been a disappointment and there no two which ways about it. He has not had this game breaking ability which he was touted and his stats are so false. I wont touch how his Yards per carry with an abyzmul 3.6 and 3.7. He had good o-lines and Deuce MCAlister had no problem averaging over 4.5 yards per carry in his first year. Dont get me started on his pathetic pass catch stats where Sean Payton forces him the ball 8 times a game. Think about this, he has caught the ball 161 times and averages 7.2 ypc reception which is attrocious for a supposed gamebreaker. Last year he averaged 5.7 yard per catch which is near the bottom of the league for RB's. Also factor in he was in a draft where other RB's like Joey Addai, and Mo Jo D are having a huge impact on the game. Even a Leon Washington taken in rd 4 by my Jets has developed into a pro bowl caliber returner and does a lot out the backfield (averaged 4 yards per carry in his rookie year behind the worst line in the nfl), he may not be better but its sad when I can compare Bush to Washington. Also his big play ability has been absent, Last year he averaged 5.5 YAC which again is near the bottom of the league, that and his tendency to fumble last year. Also in two season and 312 carries he only has 3 rushes over 20 yards. Which is worse then a player such as Thomas Jones in the same set of circumstances. Two years in receiving 161 balls only 2 for 20 plus yards. HE averaged 7.7 Punt return yards. This guiy is so overrated b/c they force him the ball. He has shown little big play ability. THIS GUYS IS ALL HYPE, Where is the big plays you tell me about?
Damn no comment *cosigns*
Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm a Reggie fan and he just isn't getting it done right now when it comes to making explosive plays. He is a quality player and no means a bust but his longest rush last year was 22 yards and he only had 2 runs over 20 yards (22yds and 20yds). Bush isn't making many people miss. He does alot of dancing around behind the line but nothing generates huge positive gains. Maurice Jones Drew on the other hand is doing what everyone thought Reggie Bush would do. Hopefully he turns it around this year because I'm rooting for the guy.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
I'm a Reggie fan and he just isn't getting it done right now when it comes to making explosive plays. He is a quality player and no means a bust but his longest rush last year was 22 yards and he only had 2 runs over 20 yards (22yds and 20yds). Bush isn't making many people miss. He does alot of dancing around behind the line but nothing generates huge positive gains. Maurice Jones Drew on the other hand is doing what everyone thought Reggie Bush would do. Hopefully he turns it around this year because I'm rooting for the guy.
i know a lot of people want him to turn around before they start tacting his attributes in Madden but RB are paid to run it shouldn't take 3 yrs to get acclimated. He's not a quarterback! Impact players are suppose have an impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
he played half the year last year with a torn left knee. and i don't believe he's a carry the load back which hurt him last year when deuce got hurt.

i think saints are using him the wrong way. i would actually like to see them use him in the slot more. remember eric mccalf. he is what i thought he was going to be, and i don't think he's bust. he'll have a better year this year. and i always said that lendale white was going to be a better pro style running back.
I know he wont be an every down back but he cant even do the thing he was supposed to do wish was be that explosive pass catching RB ala Westbrook that you can lineup at WR and he would make people miss and have big play ability. IF you threw any RB the ball over 150 times he could put up the same stats as Bush. Go check what FB Larry centers did for the Bills back in the day, his receiving stats are btter then Bush

Last edited by a4reak; 06-02-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
i know a lot of people want him to turn around before they start tacting his attributes in Madden but RB are paid to run it shouldn't take 3 yrs to get acclimated. He's not a quarterback! Impact players are suppose have an impact.
I agree and his agility/acceleration should take a hit if he keeps coming up short on the big plays. My opinion is independent of Madden because I don't use the Saints on the game anyway.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
I know he wont be an every down back but he cant evedo the thing he was supposed to do wish was be that explosive pass catching RB ala Westbrook that you can lineup at WR and he would make people miss and have big play ability. IF you threw any RB the ball over 150 times he could put up the same stats as Bush. Go check what FB Larry centers did for the Bills back in the day, his receiving stats are btter then Bush
And Larry Centers was a FULLBACK!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
i think this is a better reference

lol the NFL should be afraid

his 07 game logs

week
1 rushing 12 for 38
2 rushing 10 for 27
3 rushing 7 for 15
4 bye
5 rushing 21 for 67
6 rushing 21 for 97 (however I could say he had a long of 22 that day and went 20 for 75 on his other carries but I wont do that)
7 rushing 17 for 54
8 rushing 10 for 64
9 rushing 17 for 72
10 rushing 7 for 17
11 rushing 15 for 34
12 rushing 9 for 32
13 rushing 13 for 64

Do you want me to post the abyzmul receiving stats?

Last edited by a4reak; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
lol the NFL should be afraid

his 07 game logs

week
1 rushing 12 for 38
2 rushing 10 for 27
3 rushing 7 for 15
4 bye
5 rushing 21 for 67
6 rushing 21 for 97 (however I could say he had a long of 22 that day and went 20 for 75 on his other carries but I wont do that)
7 rushing 17 for 54
8 rushing 10 for 64
9 rushing 17 for 72
10 rushing 7 for 17
11 rushing 15 for 34
12 rushing 9 for 32
13 rushing 13 for 64

Do you want me to post the abyzmul receiving stats?

Go ahead man put the nail in the coffin!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »