Home

Reggie Bush in 09?

This is a discussion on Reggie Bush in 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #33
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Reggie Bush in 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I agree with him learning how to effectively run, however so far he has been a disappointment and thats my only point.; I never called him Reggie Bust I just said he is a disappointment up to this point and no one can really say no to that statement.
Dude your not going to get a legit discussion. I'm with you in that I know about football because I follow it not because of Madden.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #34
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
what am I ignoring, I heard you said they need to use him more Metcalf style but that still does not exucse his poor play. If you watch the Saints play it seems like they go out of there way to get him the ball b/c he is reggie bush. trust me I know maybe more about football then a lot of posters on this board
thats fine i'm just trying to have a logical conversation with you. i've played jr college football and been a coach on hs varsity teams. i've played against the lights of carson palmer and kareem kelly in hs so i don't lack football knowledge either.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
in 2006 his rookie year he had 238 touches for 1307 yds combined for rec and rushing and 9 total TDs 2rec 6 rushing and 1 ret.

i would say thats not a bad rookie yr.

like i said not having deuce really changed things last year, because bush drew alot of attention due to that. saints needs to use him better by putting him in the slot one on one with a nickel back or a LB. instead of screen pass and swing pass where everyone is after him and he has to try to break 3 to 4 tackles before he sees daylight.
that is a very skewed tat which is the result of a **** load of bs receptions. When you look at his receptions stats and rushing stats individually those stats are boosted only bc the amount of his touches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I agree with him learning how to effectively run, however so far he has been a disappointment and thats my only point.; I never called him Reggie Bust I just said he is a disappointment up to this point and no one can really say no to that statement.
I agree with you, while I said he was not up to par with what kind of expectations were expected from him since his steller career at USC. Yet so far he has also not been a bust as people like to label him. He puts up close to 600 yards his first year rushing which is HALF the load of most everydown backs so considering that he could possible ended with a 1000+ yard season without Duece there.

But still I think they need to do better things with his abilities. He is just begging the decision to be moved around in the slot more. Yet I feel they are scared of him taking shots over the middle. So they tend to try to get him 1 on 1 in the flats and setup screens and what not trying to get him some daylight. Teams are prepared for this and know what to expect them doing with him. I honestly think a better line and some new packages and you could see a breakout year.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #37
Pro

Hey man, bottom line is the dude is a d*** good player and I don't consider him a bust or disappointment by any means. I mean if you are a true football fan/student of the game, you would have to agree. Just watch the game tape on this dude. The problem is he draws a lot of attention when he is on the field. Yes Stecker may have used the same OLine that Bush used and Stecker got a 115 yards but there is no way that he got the attention that Bush gets when he is on the field and everyone knows it. With Deuce gone, he became the primary target and they got him last season, plus he was hurt. I would still consider him as one of the most dangerous players that step on the field. 2009 will be much different.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Hey man, bottom line is the dude is a d*** good player and I don't consider him a bust or disappointment by any means. I mean if you are a true football fan/student of the game, you would have to agree. Just watch the game tape on this dude. The problem is he draws a lot of attention when he is on the field. Yes Stecker may have used the same OLine that Bush used and Stecker got a 115 yards but there is no way that he got the attention that Bush gets when he is on the field and everyone knows it. With Deuce gone, he became the primary target and they got him last season, plus he was hurt. I would still consider him as one of the most dangerous players that step on the field. 2009 will be much different.
Until he gets close to Westbrook, he won't even be close to a dam good player. The second pick of the draft should be a bit better than this. Major disappointment/borderline bust in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Why don't you post the video of Sheldon Brown BLESSING Reggie Bush aka Mr. Cardboard Box
I'd love to see that one again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jgP1brUn8

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

Last edited by gta95; 06-02-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta95

I'd love to see that one again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jgP1brUn8
I love you eagles fan sometimes
Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
the 2nd pick of the draft should be doing a lot more then garnering attention. Where is the actual on field production? Richie Anderson caught over 100 balls, im tired of the total amount of reception number b/c you can get those numbers to whoever if you aim to, another example is Wes Welker who is a damn good player but he has overr 100 receptions b/c they run the screen play at least 5 times a game. When he gets the ball bush's production is below average for a top 5 pick cant miss prospect

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »