Home

Reggie Bush in 09?

This is a discussion on Reggie Bush in 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Reggie Bush in 09?

Being a saints fan and I wondering if the "shoulder dekes" and new running styles are going to help with being able to run like bush and make defenders miss? We all know Bush seldom runs through anyone and getting out of tackles, so I would rather see the cutback ability he has at great speeds.

Anyone who has played 09 so far and gave the saints a shot, how do you feel it felt running with BUSH? Did he feel like a ankle breaker?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Reggie Bush in 09?

lol he barely makes people miss now since leaving SC
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
lol he barely makes people miss now since leaving SC
LMAO!! You took the words right out of my mouth!!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I could post many videos of the other wise. I don't understand how someone with almost 1500 yards (2,305 total yards) in 2 seasons is considered a bust. Alot of the greats finish in the 14,000 to 18,000 range and bush has already been decent to arrive in that range.

Don't get me wrong I am not blind and think bush has not produced like he did at SC, BUT not by any means has he been a bust.

I think his biggest problem was he was known for breaking ankles and he came into the league thinking he could do just that. But the speed of the NFL, caught him. Once he learns to use his speed north-south and make smaller quicks, aka A-train. He can be just as threating if not more. PLUS the saints front 4 is not something to brag about. Terrible center, terrible RT. They need work there yet he still manages to do decent in 2 seasons.

For example this is only saints highlights and he turns ALOT of plays into big plays and makes people look silly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mff...eature=related

Last edited by Phobia; 06-02-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I could post many videos of the other wise. I don't understand how someone with almost 1500 yards in 2 seasons is considered a bust. Alot of the greats finish in the 14,000 to 18,000 range and bush has already been decent to arrive in that range.

Don't get me wrong I am not blind and think bush has not produced like he did at SC, BUT not by any means has he been a bust.

For example this is only saints highlights and he turns ALOT of plays into big plays and makes people look silly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mff...eature=related
Oh brother. I'm not even gonna get this debate started again. Lets just wait til the season starts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Oh brother. I'm not even gonna get this debate started again. Lets just wait til the season starts!
Fine b/c I will, I was the biggest Bush fan in college and wanted the Jets desperately to find a way to get him. Since joining the league he has been a disappointment and there no two which ways about it. He has not had this game breaking ability which he was touted and his stats are so false. I wont touch how his Yards per carry with an abyzmul 3.6 and 3.7. He had good o-lines and Deuce MCAlister had no problem averaging over 4.5 yards per carry in his first year. Dont get me started on his pathetic pass catch stats where Sean Payton forces him the ball 8 times a game. Think about this, he has caught the ball 161 times and averages 7.2 ypc reception which is attrocious for a supposed gamebreaker. Last year he averaged 5.7 yard per catch which is near the bottom of the league for RB's. Also factor in he was in a draft where other RB's like Joey Addai, and Mo Jo D are having a huge impact on the game. Even a Leon Washington taken in rd 4 by my Jets has developed into a pro bowl caliber returner and does a lot out the backfield (averaged 4 yards per carry in his rookie year behind the worst line in the nfl), he may not be better but its sad when I can compare Bush to Washington. Also his big play ability has been absent, Last year he averaged 5.5 YAC which again is near the bottom of the league, that and his tendency to fumble last year. Also in two season and 312 carries he only has 3 rushes over 20 yards. Which is worse then a player such as Thomas Jones in the same set of circumstances. Two years in receiving 161 balls only 2 for 20 plus yards. HE averaged 7.7 Punt return yards. This guiy is so overrated b/c they force him the ball. He has shown little big play ability. THIS GUYS IS ALL HYPE, Where is the big plays you tell me about?

Last edited by a4reak; 06-02-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

i think this is a better reference

Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Fine b/c I will, I was the biggest Bush fan in college and wanted the Jets desperately to find a way to get him. Since joining the league he has been a disappointment and there no two which ways about it. He has not had this game breaking ability which he was touted and his stats are so false. I wont touch how his Yards per carry with an abyzmul 2.6 and 2.7. He had good o-lines and Deuce MCAlister had no problem averaging over 4.5 yards per carry in his first year. Dont get me started on his pathetic pass catch stats where Sean Payton forces him the ball 8 times a game. Think about this, he has caught the ball 161 times and averages 7.2 ypc reception which is attrocious for a supposed gamebreaker. Last year he averaged 5.7 yard percatch which is near the bottom of the league. Also factor in he was in a draft where other RB's like Joey Addai, and Mo Jo D are even have more impact then him. Even a Leon Washington taken in rd 4 by my Jets has developed into a pro bowl caliber returner and does a lot out the backfield (averaged 4 yards per carry in his rookie year behind the worst line in the nfl), he may not be better but its sad when I can compare Bush to Washington. Also his big play ability has been absent, Last year he averaged 5.5 YAV which again is near the bottom of the league, that and his tendency to fumble last year. Also in two season and 312 carries he only has 3 rushes over 20 yards. Which is worse then a player such as Thomas Jones in the same set of circumstances. Two years in receiving 161 balls only 22 for 20 plus yards. HE averaged 7.7 Punt return yards. This guiy is so overrated b/c they force him the ball. He has shown little big play ability. THIS GUYS IS ALL HYPE
he played half the year last year with a torn left knee. and i don't believe he's a carry the load back which hurt him last year when deuce got hurt.

i think saints are using him the wrong way. i would actually like to see them use him in the slot more. remember eric mccalf. he is what i thought he was going to be, and i don't think he's bust. he'll have a better year this year. and i always said that lendale white was going to be a better pro style running back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »