Home

Madden 09 running back ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 09 running back ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #41
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 09 running back ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Okay now I am no ratings experts, but I watch football. Are they really trying to tell me that Marion Barber is the most physical (run over you RB) in the NFL?!? He gets a 99 in trucking and Brandon Jacobs is a 98? Seriously. I know they guy is a great back. Runs well downhill and is the 'boys short yardage expert but that just seems a little out of wack IMHO.
Not that Jacobs isn't a truck, but I'd say Barber earns his broken tackles more so than Jacobs. Jacobs breaks a lot of tackles due to scared defenders trying not to get steamrolled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
How is Fred Taylor a 94 OVR with 93 speed, 94 agility, 96 acceleration and 93 elusiveness. You've got to be kidding me.
he deserves that and maybe more when hes healthy
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not that Jacobs isn't a truck, but I'd say Barber earns his broken tackles more so than Jacobs. Jacobs breaks a lot of tackles due to scared defenders trying not to get steamrolled.
its fine as long as they make jacobs much stronger i have no problem with barbers 99 truck rating but i have a problem with him being a 93
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #44
MVP

BezO's Arena

I think EA is still having problems representing good players with average speed.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ
i think dmac will be good in the nfl but if u watch him hes not agile and he does not truck or juke any body hes mostly speed and elusive i think 97spd 90agl 97acc 85trk 91 elu 88juk would be about right his vission should be high some where in the 90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4miK7GnuSAI
felix is much more agile and a juker but not top down fast like mcfadden id say 95spd 95agl 95acc 83trk 90juk 91elu

i aint gonna lie i dont get arkansa on tv so all i can go off of is highlights and seing them on espn which still is quite a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok
how does he not have 98 speed you miss him its a touch down
id say 98spd 98acc 96agl 90spn 90juk he should have around 80vision he misses some holes

Last edited by dbgameover; 06-03-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #46
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Man, whats with the 60 vis rating for Mendenhall....thats going up a couple of points on my roster file

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #47
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
its fine as long as they make jacobs much stronger i have no problem with barbers 99 truck rating
Agreed. And they need the toughness ratings to effect how DBs go in for tackles against bigger backs. Very few DBs will attempt to meet Jacobs head up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
but i have a problem with him being a 93
He's definitely one of the best backs in the league. 93 is about right IMO. But they need to curb his speed & elusiveness. He does it with power... and one of the best lines in the league.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
I could care less about the 77 overall, but 97 speed?? Man runs a 4.24 40. Deserves at least a 99. Faster than Bush, faster than McFadden, faster than Parker. He is not just track fast either. Watching game tape he just blows by people, even those that have an angle on him. Just my opinion though.
"Track" Speed and "Game" Speed are not the same thing. I watched Johnson play against VA Tech and I saw McFadden play weekly... all you gotta do is study game tape! I think that the speed rating in Madden are more in line with game speed. My guy Hester ran a 4.24 or maybe slightly better... his definitely translates to game speed as well!

http://www.twitter.com/GrnEyedBanditTN

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »