Home

Why does the DT's in Madden play so soft.

This is a discussion on Why does the DT's in Madden play so soft. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Why does the DT's in Madden play so soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBALLINBOY
They never get nasty with the guards and centers, in the NFL good DT's get under guards and centers and pushes them back into the QB which is called collapsing the pocket and the DE's come for the cleanup. You NEVER get this in next gen Madden(interior defensive line play in last gen madden was great), they just struggle around the line of scrimmage EVERY play, sometimes if youre lucky they get a 3yd push. Every once in a while when the olinemen are tired the DT does this ******** armover move as soon as the ball snaps and gets to the qb in like 2 seconds, how is that realistic.

The Dlinemen in Madden who are "power move" weapons with the bull's head picture by them NEVER bullrush. DT's Like John Henderson and Marcus Stroud should bullrush, which is what they do in real life. In Madden they either an do armover or a rip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBALLINBOY
Don't reply saying they fixed it because they didn't. Just because they won't be getting pancaked every play doesn't mean the DT's will be getting a push up the middle. I'm posting this trying to get EA's attention so we can get some realistic interior defensive line play.

You are getting all worked up over nothing. OL/DL interaction isn't fixed this year. We know and EA/Ian knows it. They worked on gang tackling this year and are putting things together to work on OL/DL interaction for next year. Thus is why they addressed the pancake problem.

No need to get EA's attention as they are aware of the problems/shortcomings. If you'd read through a few of the various threads on the forums talking about this, you could've saved yourself some time and aggrevation.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Actually soft DT's issue is not new. I remember playing as the Jags in last gen (PS2) '06 and '07. With their two stud DT's, my opponents can still run up the middle pretty much unmolested unless I pinch the D-line. Same with Madden'08 for my 360. I thought the Jaguars' strength is their two great DT's working in tandem. For me to have to pinch the line and have to sellout for runs to the outside is pretty unrealistic.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ21476
Exactly. This game will never be good till they get this problem fixed. O Line, D Line is the heart of football games. Not presentation, sidelines, juke moves / stick, and gang tackles. Until the lines can play properly, you will see no pockets, and QB's drop back 20 + yards with no reprocussions. It need to be fixed in order to take this game to the next level. Its the reason why SS,FS, and CB's always lead teams in tackles in this game. Its the reason you cant play a proper 3-4 without nanos. Please EA fix the line play / interactions.

QFT. Its a good question posed at the outset. The game simply isnt balanced...attribute ratings simply dont mean what they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »