Home

IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS

This is a discussion on IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS

Hey Ian

This is one of the best ideas to come out this year. Dropping back between 10-15 yards and Icons disappear. My question & Concern is this, Say for example I drop back 15 yards and the Icons disappear. If I step back up into the pocket will the Icons reappear?

Reason for this question is if this is the case I think this can still be exploited. For example, Say I take vince young and run back 15 yards (icons gone). I then run out the pocket to the sideline (exploiting poor madden line play aka POCKET). I then take Vince young and run inward of that 15 yard cushion and get the icons to come back on again THEN I can throw the ball and have exploited the Icon disappear fix you all put it.

I suggest once you drop back 10-15 yards and the Icons disappear that they are gone for good!!! This will prevent people from finding ways to take advantage of the fix you all implementing.

Thanks
PHOBIA

P.S. Just a heads up for ya IAN, I could not find any clear cut info on how this would be handled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Hey Ian

This is one of the best ideas to come out this year. Dropping back between 10-15 yards and Icons disappear. My question & Concern is this, Say for example I drop back 15 yards and the Icons disappear. If I step back up into the pocket will the Icons reappear?

Reason for this question is if this is the case I think this can still be exploited. For example, Say I take vince young and run back 15 yards (icons gone). I then run out the pocket to the sideline (exploiting poor madden line play aka POCKET). I then take Vince young and run inward of that 15 yard cushion and get the icons to come back on again THEN I can throw the ball and have exploited the Icon disappear fix you all put it.

I suggest once you drop back 10-15 yards and the Icons disappear that they are gone for good!!! This will prevent people from finding ways to take advantage of the fix you all implementing.

Thanks
PHOBIA

P.S. Just a heads up for ya IAN, I could not find any clear cut info on how this would be handled.
With your scenario do you have in mind the A.I on defense or another human being. If it is the latter case, I don't think most guys will give you time to do all of that. But I'm pretty sure someone will have some mess that sorta tinkers with the system.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I was going to create a thread and comment on this as well. This feature is great but honestly it needs to be for RANKED games difficulty level and not just unranked All-Madden level. As we all know that is where most "cheesing" goes on since ranked games are the ones that show up on your ranked record.

Ian - Could we get this feature added to ranked games so this feature will actually be utilized as intended, ie to help cut down cheesing online?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
With your scenario do you have in mind the A.I on defense or another human being. If it is the latter case, I don't think most guys will give you time to do all of that. But I'm pretty sure someone will have some mess that sorta tinkers with the system.
I don't know LB. Think about if u had vince and right after u hike u hold RT and run backwards and towards a sideline. You could easily get deep and out to the sideline before the rush gets to the QB. 10-15 yards should be plenty deep enough to still roll out and scramble and make throws on the run without having to drop 20+ yards to do so. IMO
Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm probably one of the few that thinks this is a terrible idea. QBs don't lose their vision when they leave the pocket. I think it would have been better to keep the icons, improve the line interaction and let footwork & ratings take care of the rest. This is one of those cases where EA needs a FOOTBALL fix, not a video game one.

What I would like to see is a modified version of the cone, without the cone. Split the field in 2 for good QBs and into 3-4 for those with lesser vision. Make it so the icons only appear in sections the QB is looking. The good QBs would only have to look left & right. The lesser QBs will have to look in 3-4 directions.

With better line interaction, realistic footwork/accuracy/power relationship and a coneless cone system, the passing game would be sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm probably one of the few that thinks this is a terrible idea. QBs don't lose their vision when they leave the pocket. I think it would have been better to keep the icons, improve the line interaction and let footwork & ratings take care of the rest. This is one of those cases where EA needs a FOOTBALL fix, not a video game one.

What I would like to see is a modified version of the cone, without the cone. Split the field in 2 for good QBs and into 3-4 for those with lesser vision. Make it so the icons only appear in sections the QB is looking. The good QBs would only have to look left & right. The lesser QBs will have to look in 3-4 directions.

With better line interaction, realistic footwork/accuracy/power relationship and a coneless cone system, the passing game would be sweet.
While they don't lose their vision, I would say dropping back that far would make what's going on downfield much harder to discern. I think a more fleshed out solution will come next year.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks Odogg, online is my biggest concern for this feature. It needs to be mandatory in online ranked games....

Kids out there are willing to do anything to protect there record and not take a loss....

lets get this in online ranked games, also what's the default difficulty in online ranked if I may ask?

Cdon
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I don't know LB. Think about if u had vince and right after u hike u hold RT and run backwards and towards a sideline. You could easily get deep and out to the sideline before the rush gets to the QB. 10-15 yards should be plenty deep enough to still roll out and scramble and make throws on the run without having to drop 20+ yards to do so. IMO
Well I also had in mind nano blitzes too. So even if you do run like that, in the case of a nano blitz you would do best just to keep it and run up the field because there will be no coming back to the area where a pocket should be formed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »