Home

Assistance from the Masses

This is a discussion on Assistance from the Masses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Assistance from the Masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
get rid of overall ratings this forces you to acuratly rate players without giving them boosts to make their overal rating better
I'm not even sure right now that overall ratings are some sort of compiliation of all the ratings, in fact I don't believe they are. But either way getting rid of overall ratings is a horrible idea and would make managing the game much more difficult IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8

I like the idea of players having a different overall rating depending on the team they are on and the scheme that team runs. This would add a whole new depth to franchise but would probably scare all those casual fans.

I can already see posts in the head coach forum going something like this. "I traded for CB D. Hall to start opposite of Barber on my Buccs team and his overall dropped a ton WTF!?!?!?!. He is an awesome CB why would he get worse?"

He wouldn't really be worse because all of his attributes are still the same but the way the playbook is used his speed and man to man skills would be much less utilized then his zone, bump, and tackling.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 3

I posted some of this in the wish list thread, but whatever.
This is strictly singleplayer things for me.

- Please, no more exploding tackles.
- Also, a draft big board that changes throughout the season and you have the ability to scout players based on what their predicted draft spot is. I don't want to see a huge board of useless potential ratings when I don't know what position in the draft the player will actually go.
- Historic teams ((are they still in this game??))
- The ability to edit other teams' rosters & ratings in case of retiring players or players that are over/under-rated
- A good home-field advantage. (And also better crowd noises)
- Better superbowl presentation (this game has been purely presentation the last few years and the fact that the superbowl is just like any other game is disappointing)
- I'd like to see a system where leaders and impact players actually have influence on the rating of other players (sort of like the superstar mode). When a big play is made by a player like Ray Lewis, I want to see it impact the teammates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see a charging moves sytem ala NFL 2k5 where you tap the A button for speed burst and when you're reasy to deliver your juke or stiff arm, you have to hold A and charge up the move. Its much more effective and rewarding than just hitting the stick or button.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

Presentation, 2K style with pre-game, halftime and weekly highlights. ESPN or not, give us something to make it feel like an NFL broadcast.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 06-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #38
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The joke was for Dave.

I'm Adam Joseph Dembroski, born at 3:49 AM in Duluth, MN, on September 20th, 1978. I went to Bradshaw Mountain HS, class of '97, I do tech support for an outsourcing firm called SEI LLC, I have 3 brothers, 3 sisters, 1 child (boy, 5) and 1 living parent, whom I have no contact with. I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, I smoke (Marlboro Blend No. 27) and drink (prefer Guinness, but Newcastle works in a pinch). I enjoy watching football, baseball, soccer, wrestling, 24, Deadwood, and Firefly. I'm a full fledged nerd who's into table top gaming, but thinks Larping is lame. Go figure. I like the 49ers, Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Suns, Coyotes, Stars, Arsenal, Earthquakes, Celtic, Twins, and Fighting Irish. I've lived most of my life in Arizona, but now live in North Dakota, where I attended North Dakota State University, majoring in Political Science/Econ and Physical Education/Coaching at different times (hence, 5 years and no degree). I coached a youth football team for 2 years, Jr. High for 1, volunteer assistant at the HS level for 1, and spent a summer training college freshmen linebackers at the division III level. I'm currently wearing a black t-shirt with the Invader Zim character "Gir" on it, Levi silvertab blue jeans, 2 socks (one has a hole in it) and boxer-briefs. I need a hair cut and I'm missing three teeth (lower left side molars) due to a mistake by an idiot dentist. I am currently operating with a broken right pinky due to getting pretty well smashed and getting in a fight with a brick wall and losing. I'm a staunch conservative, but not a registered Republican because we don't register in my state. I'm a veteran of MaddenMania (6,882 posts) but didn't post here often because I felt the people here were arrogant and abrasive (something that's either changed in the past year or I was wrong about). I was a member of the team that developed the 2005 Madden Manifesto, as well as having worked with spin16 in planning and testing his Stat Fix and Progression fixes for Madden PC. My turn on include women, naked women, and partially naked women. My turn offs include the fact that it's been months since I've seen either of the later two.

Oh, and I'm also the guy Ian Cummings asked to collect as many ideas off the sight as I could and keep them in a database to be submitted back to him later this month. And I'm a smart ***

So... who are you?

Please PM a moderator to have the color of your user name changed.

It'll help mark you and we'll know that you represent a game developer.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappygamer
I want to see a charging moves sytem ala NFL 2k5 where you tap the A button for speed burst and when you're reasy to deliver your juke or stiff arm, you have to hold A and charge up the move. Its much more effective and rewarding than just hitting the stick or button.
This was brought up to EA in one of the threads - it'll never happen for two reasons, the producers don't like the hitting a button constantly feature plus it makes the animations jerky and the game unplayable. I for one am glad, I wouldn't mind hitting a button to escape a tackle but not hitting a button for a speed burst. That = annoying.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #40
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

As someone mentioned earlier, expand the rosters. Or at least allow players that are on the I.R. to not take up a roster space. It becomes way too hard to pick and choose who stays and gets cut when fixing rosters.

Please eliminate roster restrictions as well. That way players that are no longer on the team can actually be released.

Add longsnappers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »