Home

Madden 09 WR Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 09 WR Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden 09 WR Ratings

I feel bad for Titans' fans. No receivers above 80. It's truly the Vince Young show, lol.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Devin Hester at 81 is a joke, he's done absolutely nothing in the NFL but, prove he's a fast return guy. Marvin Harrison's catch rating of 88 is a VERY underrated considering he does hold the record for receptions in one season. Calvin Johnson's rating is a tad high, more like 87 or 88 would be suitable IMO. Steve Smith has had a few down years recently so his rating shouldn't be a 97, low 90's would be more fitting. Hines Ward's rating of 90 is just a slap in the face to Steelers fan's considering he's one of the best receivers in the NFL and has been one of the most established WR's in the NFL over the past 7 years or so ... Santonio's rating is under rated considering how he performed last year, 89 would be more suitable. Limas Sweed shouldn't have a rating of 81 already ? He hasn't proven anything in the NFL and his rating should be high 70's at best considering he was a moderate 2nd round draft pick. Anyone know what Nate Washington's rating is ? How is Lynn Swann not on the All Time Great WR's ? It seems like these NFL All Greats is going to be a joke if they don't even have some of the best players at they're respected positions in the game
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

Haha, I got confused by this too. 88 is Marvin's elusiveness, his catching is 97. Thanks for db to pointing that out initially..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #12
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Well that's good but, it still doesn't explain a lot of the rating mishaps.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Eagles WR Kevin Curtis is ranked too low. Dude caught 77 passes for over 1100 yards & 8 td's in his 1st year as a starter. He should be rated in the high 80's like an 88 or 89. There are quite a few WR's w/ better ratings who are clearly aren't as good or as productive as Curtis which is BS.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I've seen a few people question Vincent Jackson's rating. I think that his number might be a little to high also, but not by much. He really showed a lot in the playoffs last year. He could really break out this year and that would give SD 3 quality weapons for Rivers.

In the playoffs he had: 18 rec. 300 yds 2 TD's

While I know that his 2007 regular season numbers were a dispointment. He really did play well in the playoffs.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
Devin Hester at 81 is a joke, he's done absolutely nothing in the NFL but, prove he's a fast return guy. Marvin Harrison's catch rating of 88 is a VERY underrated considering he does hold the record for receptions in one season. Calvin Johnson's rating is a tad high, more like 87 or 88 would be suitable IMO. Steve Smith has had a few down years recently so his rating shouldn't be a 97, low 90's would be more fitting. Hines Ward's rating of 90 is just a slap in the face to Steelers fan's considering he's one of the best receivers in the NFL and has been one of the most established WR's in the NFL over the past 7 years or so ... Santonio's rating is under rated considering how he performed last year, 89 would be more suitable. Limas Sweed shouldn't have a rating of 81 already ? He hasn't proven anything in the NFL and his rating should be high 70's at best considering he was a moderate 2nd round draft pick. Anyone know what Nate Washington's rating is ? How is Lynn Swann not on the All Time Great WR's ? It seems like these NFL All Greats is going to be a joke if they don't even have some of the best players at they're respected positions in the game
It could be a money issue. EA has to get these old players to sign contracts and also EA has to pay them some serious $$$ to get them in the game. It's possible that Swann just doesn't want to be in the game. If I remember correctly, Swann refused to be in APF 2k8, so I don't think it's because he wasn't good enough to be in Madden 09.

But if that's not the case, shame on EA for leaving him out!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm just dont understand EA's ratings sometimes. I'm a Skins fan but how does Malcolm Kelly get 92 for speed when he ran a 4.6, 4.7's? How is Limas Sweed a 81 when Devin Thomas (80)was to top WR coming out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »