Home

Espn Intergretion?

This is a discussion on Espn Intergretion? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Espn Intergretion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
That's such a weak and dumb use of the license, anyone that is playing online obviously has the internet and can easily access espn in a superior format on the internet.

The amazing integration that NFL2k series used the ESPN license was not only superior but it would make alot more people interested in checking out ESPN than the boring way EA has used it thus far.

So basically the excuse, if true or not, holds no ground because it makes no sense at all from any perspective.
why are you making this out as though EA is the only one at fault? Like I said, maybe this is the way ESPN wants the license to be used. I don't know, I don't sit in on the meetings. The two EA/ESPN came to an agreement that gave EA the exclusive rights to the license. I am sure somewhere in all that legal mumbo jumbo, there was a paragraph or so talking about how ESPN would be used in EA's games.

And I'll say again, if ESPN/EA agreed that EA would use the ESPN license the way that it was on the 2k games, and EA refused and brought in the NFL Network style presentation, then I think we would've heard rumblings by now from ESPN on how they are upset at how they are being represented in EA's games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's ESPN's license so they can choose to have it utilized however they like. However I agree it makes no sense why they wouldn't want it fully integrated into the game to look as if you were watching a football game on ESPN.
Yes it is there choice, but there is no evidence either way of how they want it used. Using the argument that there is no ESPN intergration as evidence is a weak argument because many features are still lacking from madden that could be added already.

We still don't have multiple camera's etc. Maybe it's just low on EA's priority list like EA explained about Camera's.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Yes it is there choice, but there is no evidence either way of how they want it used. Using the argument that there is no ESPN intergration as evidence is a weak argument because many features are still lacking from madden that could be added already.

We still don't have multiple camera's etc. Maybe it's just low on EA's priority list like EA explained about Camera's.
You sure are hell bent on putting EA in their place.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why are you making this out as though EA is the only one at fault? Like I said, maybe this is the way ESPN wants the license to be used. I don't know, I don't sit in on the meetings. The two EA/ESPN came to an agreement that gave EA the exclusive rights to the license. I am sure somewhere in all that legal mumbo jumbo, there was a paragraph or so talking about how ESPN would be used in EA's games.

And I'll say again, if ESPN/EA agreed that EA would use the ESPN license the way that it was on the 2k games, and EA refused and brought in the NFL Network style presentation, then I think we would've heard rumblings by now from ESPN on how they are upset at how they are being represented in EA's games.
ESPN gets the money whether EA uses the license or not. I'm sure they don't care if EA uses it all. Free money is always nice.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You sure are hell bent on putting EA in their place.
Not really, as you can see now many of the features that we all wanted, and many had been giving excuses for there absence, are being fixed in a matter of weeks now that EA has come on this board.

Features missing for years, flaws existing for years, are being fixed in a matter of weeks. Obviously something wasn't quite right with the way madden was being developed.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
ESPN gets the money whether EA uses the license or not. I'm sure they don't care if EA uses it all. Free money is always nice.
I am just offering up suggestions as to why things are the way they are. I have no idea why they don't use the license in the way it was in the 2k series or what agreement EA/ESPN made when the deal was done. Neither does anyone else outside of EA and ESPN.

But I think I am done discussing this topic as it seems that the only logical explanation is that its EA's fault. There couldn't possibly be any other reason than that.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Not really, as you can see now many of the features that we all wanted, and many had been giving excuses for there absence, are being fixed in a matter of weeks now that EA has come on this board.

Features missing for years, flaws existing for years, are being fixed in a matter of weeks. Obviously something wasn't quite right with the way madden was being developed.
which is why they now have a new head man to take over the reigns.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

EA just used the cheapest easiest way to incorporate the license. Plain and simple, nothing more nothing less. I don't care if it's ESPN. EASN. I dont care if it's PBS, give us some kind of TV style presentation. A wow factor IMO in sports games visually, is having something coming as close to TV as possible. EA has been missing this since last gen. This current gen has taken it to a new level of terrible tho. Looks improved this year tho, not much , but it's something.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »