Home

GameTrailers Video - Saints vs. Vikings Gameplay

This is a discussion on GameTrailers Video - Saints vs. Vikings Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #41
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: GameTrailers Video - Saints vs. Vikings Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
If you had to pick 3 things that we had to do to look "next-gen", what would they be? Basically, I'd like to hear what top 3 things that, if you saw in a gametrailers video, would make it so you'd post the opposite of what you just posted.

This would be really helpful for planning for 2010.

-Ian
*wonders if this isn't just a 'help us' statement but also part calling his bluff*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
Yeah i like how after all these dudes from EA got on here and we talked to them left and right about the little details that should be in this game? to basically make this game better but yet when the guy runs over the endzone the people who take pictures in the endzone do not move......
I doubt people taking pictures in the endzone is a top priority right now. Yes the guys from EA have been here getting feedback from us and they've done a fantastic job of implementing a lot of things on short notice, but I imagine it's crunch time (or close to) for them so there are probably lots of more important things they are focusing on. Also, they have only been on the boards for a short period of time, so naturally not everything we want will be able to make it in. If they continue to be on these boards throughout the entire process of Madden 2010 then I'm sure a lot more of our suggestions will be able to be implemented. Just be happy they're listening to the community, it's what we've all been asking for and it's been great interaction so far. Let's keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
and after we talked to ian and said hey those cameras have got to be taken down(since that idea for the cameras came from APF 2k8) the cameras are still in and flash alot......
It's possible the Saints Vs. Vikings video is from an earlier build that was given to them before Ian agreed that the cameras need to be taken down. Because of the constant changes that are being added last minute, I'm sure there are tons of various builds out there.

Last edited by mikeveli20; 06-10-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #43
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
- Animations Madden's long past due for having unique animations. Player movement overall is still somewhat stiff-looking. QB animations are noticeably awkward looking. Been that way since the start of next gen so it's hard to keep looking to [next year!].

- Momentum I can understand wanting to give people more user control because momentum in last gen Maddens was too overdone. But last gen NCAA was on the right track

- Player interaction OL/DL interaction, WR/DB interaction, players displaying the appropriate reactions when they touch another player - be it a teammate or an opponent
this list however I would expand on "Player interaction"
to me this would also include fully interactive sidelines with real time players looking the same on the sidelines as the do on the field
Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
If you had to pick 3 things that we had to do to look "next-gen", what would they be? Basically, I'd like to hear what top 3 things that, if you saw in a gametrailers video, would make it so you'd post the opposite of what you just posted.

-Ian
Please don't take a lot of what's posted to heart. Most are just flat out "Anti EA No Matter What" posts. This is coming from someone wh's been called a 2K fanboy and within weeks an EA fanboy.

However to give my take on your question: Animations go a looong way to the "look" of the game.
1st get rid of all the blatant eye sores like:
1.The shoulder tackle animation
2. All magnet blocking
3. Have real OL/DL interaction
4. Make the running smoother as they still look somewhat robotic
5. Make the reaction to the ball(in air and on the ground) better as far as DB's,LB's and even Wr's. Impliment some sort of field of vision system. A safety running and looking to the right should not immediately react to a ball in the air to the left unless he is looking in the direction of the ball at the time.
6. Too many accurate passes when dropping 10-20 yards back and sometimes even thrown off the wrong foot.

As far as strictly visuals I think you're going in the right direction.

Lastly add as much presentation as you can like half time reports, post game reports, a super Super Bowl week showing maybe plays of the year etc...

Thanks for being on here this year. It is appreciated a lot to know you are actually here and listening.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #45
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
If they continue to be on these boards throughout the entire process of Madden 2010 then I'm sure a lot more of our suggestions will be able to be implemented. Just be happy they're listening to the community, it's what we've all been asking for and it's been great interaction so far. Let's keep it up.

Well said Mike.

Yes the interaction for the '09' game has been great. Ian & Co have not only listened...but they have acted on what they could. You just can't expected much more than that. If indeed the communication continues throughout the development of '10', that'll really be groundbreaking.

I'm looking forward to what the '09' game has to offer. And with "Our" help....the '10' game should be even better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

-Ian
1. Smarter CPU AI (More competitive.)
2. Less CPU/Human Turnovers (See #1.)
3. O-line issues fixed.

I don't give .02 about graphics, as long as #1 and #2 are part of the game I'm playing. Madden does seem to play too fast, but again, I only have one main concern right now, and it's been posted all over this forum. I just don't know if I should dish out $60 for a game that's been ''tweaked.'' I rented '08 three times, and that thing needed more than tweaking - it needed to be tied to a rock, and thrown in the deepest ocean, where no one would ever be able to find and play it again. I'm worried about '09 right now, not 2010.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 33

Half the comments on Gametrailers were just guys bashing EA for no reason.

Ea should have advertised rewind properly. Everyone's getting angry over it.

Rewind doesn't happen in real life, neither does buttons over receivers heads, circles underneath players, x marks the spot where the ball lands.

Please, its a feature you can turn off as well.

I guess no matter what EA does now, ppl will bash them for past iterations of madden.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:17 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I guess no matter what EA does now, ppl will bash them for past iterations of madden.
If I can get through an entire season in my franchise without going 19-0, and having my corners/linebackers lead the league in interceptions/interceptions returned for touchdown, I'll send EA a personal letter, kissing their ***.

Until then, I wouldn't say that people bash them for no reason. I've been playing Madden from day 1, and it's only gotten worse each year. I mean, if the trend ends here, I'll be the happiest person at this site, believe me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »