Home

New lawsuit against EA!!!

This is a discussion on New lawsuit against EA!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 AM   #33
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: New lawsuit against EA!!!

Best of luck to those that brought up the lawsuit. Not sure if there is any hope for them going in but anything is possible, atleast its being looked at for the time being.

EA will probably say they're not preventing other companies to build a football game despite NFL players and logos and any other company had the same opportunity to purchase the license but as we all know didn't.

Hopefully something good come out of it..

Last edited by av7; 06-12-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 25

I hate the business practice EA is using here, but they don't deserve to be sued. The NFL sought out an exclusive deal and settled with the one that was going to make them the most money. 2K got the MLB license and IMO has screwed over its customers worse than EA with Madden. MLB 2K on next-gen is unplayable to me and is plagued every year by some major glitch. Now I'm no EA or 2K homer, and I wish all this **** never started, but it did and I hate that both of them are participating in this practice. When both companies signed their respective deals they had only themselves on their mind. They weren't thinking about their customers one bit.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They weren't thinking about their customers one bit.
Today it's about $ and that's the only thing that matters it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #36
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I hate the business practice EA is using here, but they don't deserve to be sued. The NFL sought out an exclusive deal and settled with the one that was going to make them the most money. 2K got the MLB license and IMO has screwed over its customers worse than EA with Madden. MLB 2K on next-gen is unplayable to me and is plagued every year by some major glitch. Now I'm no EA or 2K homer, and I wish all this **** never started, but it did and I hate that both of them are participating in this practice. When both companies signed their respective deals they had only themselves on their mind. They weren't thinking about their customers one bit.
There is ONE major difference however. EA's deal locks EVERYONE out from producing an NFL game,where 2k's deal only limits 3rd party.
From a baseball perspective,gamers still have a choice of another licensed MLB game...with football,we don't have that choice.

I'm sick and tired of all this licensing crap just like alot of other folks are.
As far as your comment about 2k always being "plagued every year by some major glitch"....the same can easily be said about Madden.

Bottom line.....this exclusive crap (imo) has only crippled the sports gaming genre. I've said this before,and I'll say it again......
I have not seen ANYTHING in either company's game to warrant exclusivity.......except greed.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Glad to see someone do this. They need to point out all of the features of Madden 05, and also note how the current product does not even have a lot of those key features. The Madden produce has regressed and I hope they point that out in their case.

I always wondered if there was ever a petition or any type of global action against this

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #38
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
lol also says the guy who takes time out to nail me to the wall just for my little schtick and humor on a subject that is well?.....not a world changing event.To be Real Real? the shocker to the world is I could care less either way because i gain nothing or profit from any of this. These people are the companies and three piece suit randos who probably cant even pick up a controller. Let alone have callous on their baby soft hands because they never did a day of hard labor. Thats REAL.

It's Not my fault people are not smart enough to NOT BUY THE GAME. Has it ever occured to anyone here including the matlock lawyers in this thread that EA would not HAVE the power of money if...you guessed it consumers would have a little will power and realize "you don't have to buy the game?"

listen you can say what you wish about me..i have better things to do in my life then sit around and sign a petition with a group of people who will go out tomorrow and pre-order a $120 extravaganza without doing research or reading reviews.

I stick by what i say. All the power to them and if they succeed? fine all im sayin is lets not get started throwing stones at glass houses. Because I know for a certain fact many people here got glass mansions...
LMFAO Matlock ha ha ha
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 6

to many madden geeks these days.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

Ridiculous. It's a video game guys.

Before I got on these boards, I though Madden 08 was a good game.

For guys that have no idea how Madden is produced at Tiburon, they are sure asking for much.

Just because it was in current-gen doesn't mean it has to be in next gen. I didn't know computer programming/coding or wateva its called was easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »